Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Creche at Oz-en Oisans Vaccination Requirements

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

does anyone have any experience of the vaccination policy at the state run creche at Oz-en-Oisans? We are hoping to enrol three of our children (two five year olds and a one year old) in the creche over the Christmas period, but looking at the literature, it indicates that we need to have our children vaccinated against TB.

The creche doesn't open before December, so I can't ask them directly (hence my question), but I wondered whether anyone else had used it and how they'd dealt with this. I was wondering whether a recent letter from our GP stating that the children are free from TB would suffice. We really don't want to give them the BCG if we can avoid it as it not deemed to be particularly effective so we'd only be vaccinating to comply with the creche rules.

Thanks

Rachel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No, see here: http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/F767.xhtml BCG is no longer required (since 2007), though they have to be vaccinated against polio, tetanus and diphtheria. I suppose it's possible that the creche in Oz is making its own rules, but I doubt it. You could always get in touch with the Mairie and ask - Tél. 04 76 80 70 42 - Fax 04 76 80 72 83 - mairie.oz@wanadoo.fr
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lizzard,

Thank you very much, that's really useful. It could well be that the Oz creche website is now out of date. I will drop a line to the Mairie to confirm the position.

That is good news!

Rachel
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

I thought that I would post my experience of the creche at Oz.

As Lizzard suggested, I contacted the Mairie and they got the creche to contact me. They confirmed that they did need evidence of no TB so we paid £25 to our local GP to get a letter stating that the children were free from it. Once we got to the creche, however, they were only interested in the vaccinations listed in the red book. So, none the wiser on the vaccinations. We have also used the state creche in Samoens this season and we weren't required to show evidence of vaccinations at all!

We were very impressed with the creche at Oz. It was extremely well organised and suited all the children in our party (2 aged 5 and one 14 months old). It was very conveniently located between the two lifts and very close to the ESF ski school, but, most importantly, the children were happy and well cared for.

Given our experience of the state run creches in Oz and Samoens, I would definitely recommend considering using a state run creche for both babies and older children who are also doing ski lessons.

Rachel
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy