Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kendal Mountain Festival - any sHs going?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Currently trying to decide if I can take three solid days of extreme movie viewing.

Are there any good walks within easy strolling distance of the town - so far it looks to me that you have to have a car to get to anything reasonable. Or am I not looking hard enough?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Big Paua, Train to Windermere ?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can get a train to Windermere and/or bus to Ambleside and plenty of walking from there.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Aaaah - penny dropping very loudly. Thanks very much.

Will be handy to get out and about and get some fresh air at some stage I think.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Big Paua, What is your idea of a 'good walk'?

Some surprising walks around Kendal itself around the castle or around The Green or Kendal Fell (halfway up Beast Banks and turn left through a narrow opening to find a surprising bit of open space and a monument) each about 30 minutes or so.

You could spend slightly longer up at Serpentine Woods just up the hill from the town centre (best access from the top of Serpentine Road or Queens Road) or there are footpaths over the golf course which is next to Serpentine Woods.

You don't really need a car / cycle / etc to get to Scout Scar which is just outside Kendal and gives some slightly longer walks. You can get there by car and walk from there, or you can walk up to Serpentine Woods (see above) and go through the woods to the far side and keep going to come out at Scout Scar.

If you want a 'proper walk' then you need a car to Kentmere and take a low level walk from Kentmere Church up the valley bottom to the valley head and back down the other side, or a more serious high level walk - one of my all time favourite walks but allow a full day - from Kentmere Church to Garburn Pass and then Yoke, Ill Bell, Froswick, Nan Bield Pass and back down the other side of Kentmere to Shipmann Knotts and back to Kentmere Church.

Or as suggested get the train to Windermere and then you have all sorts of options
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy