Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
We will be in La Rosiere in late January with Esprit.
Its my wife's 40th birthday whilst we are there.
Can anyone recommend a good restaurant where we can celebrate with small children - 3 years and 7 yeaars???
Thanks everyone
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tyke2, le Petite Danois is great for kids and food. Book on arrival though. Chalet staff should do that for you. They do have a website.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What? No recommendations for La Rascard from anyone (even if it is on the "wrong" side).......? wink Laughing

tyke2, a good recommendation from FtS.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yup - Le Petit Danois Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Any recommendations for a wonderful xmas meal for a party of adults would be appreciated.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
indeed: We had a Junior School ski trip to the Milky Way and we visited le Petite Danois on our school ski trip.

Good food, plentiful and good value. AMAZING onion soup - i remember that!!! We had to book (being a group of 32!) and the restaurant did seem full when we were there so you may want to book ahead - top tip. Enjoy - great resort.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Best restaurant in la rosiere by far is Le Génepi. Book in advance, think they have a website / email or just phone from the uk. Eaten there most yrs on our visits. Never let down. Also cater for children
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you for the tips.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just got the menus from Le Genepi, looks really good
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
another vote for Le Génepi . . . been a while but VVVVVVery good and super friendly. Book on arrival as it was always popular . . . If you can book on line do it now or just call them.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Slight change of subject but does anyone know if there's any possibility of getting someone up to the restaurant above Les Eucherts by snow mobile? We're arriving in a couple of weeks. My sister was intending to ski but is currently having chemo so has been advised not to. Although she's happy to spend most of her time in the resort, it would be great if we could get her up the mountain at least a couple of times... Puzzled Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I saw snow mobiles going up and down over Christmas and if I`m thinking of the right place there is a footpath up and down. Do you mean the one just above the drag lift? I also saw walkers on the chair lift, which was topped to let them get off easily.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Le Génepi is fabulous, but not sure it's ideal for a 3 and 7 year old unless they're extremely well behaved, there'd be a lot of sitting. I'm also told La Flamme (?) is more child-friendly, they do something for the kids. In Les Eucherts try La Grange, more child-friendly but not so special for a big birthday.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CalGoodwin17, walkers can use both Les Eucherts and Roches Noire chairs but the easiest way to get to the Travasette restaurant without skiing is to follow the footpath from Les Eucherts it's clearly marked as a pedestrian path although you will meet skiers using it. It's a good walk from the village but not steep and there are some superb views well worth the effort if your sister is up to it.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CalGoodwin17 wrote:
Slight change of subject but does anyone know if there's any possibility of getting someone up to the restaurant above Les Eucherts by snow mobile? We're arriving in a couple of weeks. My sister was intending to ski but is currently having chemo so has been advised not to. Although she's happy to spend most of her time in the resort, it would be great if we could get her up the mountain at least a couple of times... Puzzled Very Happy

Speak to the ESF (spits Wink they do a great service for disabled (I know your sister is not) They have a sit ski that the sitter does nothing in but enjoy the ride. It's the instructor that does all the work. I'm sure they will be willing to sort something out for a trip to and from Plan de repo restaurant.
latest report
Ivor Shed wrote:
CalGoodwin17, walkers can use both Les Eucherts and Roches Noire chairs but the easiest way to get to the Travasette restaurant without skiing is to follow the footpath from Les Eucherts it's clearly marked as a pedestrian path although you will meet skiers using it. It's a good walk from the village but not steep and there are some superb views well worth the effort if your sister is up to it.

If it is a bluebird day then this would be a great option. The path is not steep but it is a vertical rise of about 200m over approx 2.5-3km so fitness is required.
I wouldn't bother getting a chair lift to Plan du Repos as it would be expensive. A nice walk through the woods to La Rosiere and meet for lunch at various gaffs would be nice though
ski holidays
tyke2, Some great places to eat over the hill in La Thuile, was there 3-4 years ago, gentle skiing into Italy ideal for young family I would suggest and excellent mountain huts for lunch, food much better than the French places on the hill IMO. Maybe worth a look?
snow conditions
Thanks everyone. Didn't expect to get so much help so quickly! She may be up to the walk but if not will try the ESF disabled option. Thanks again.
ski holidays
There were plenty of children in all 3 restaurants we visited over the Xmas week, including Le Genepi, which is just at the end of the walk from Les Eucherts. The walk even in a snow storm, was beautiful, flood lit and only took us 15 mins from Le Refuge. Les Marmottes in La Rosiere was cheaper and nice but a bit cramped. The raclette and fondue at L`Accrouche Coeur, in Les Eucherts offered as well as the set menu were delicious, but we did need to give advance warning.
ski holidays
The tapas at Le 1850 bar are fantastic and really good value. 5 of us ordered a selection for the rugby games last weekend. The plates were about 7€, so it was less than 40€, for more than we could eat, and the best chips I've ever had in a bar.... Not sure they had childres dishes though but did see some in there.
snow conditions
Hi

We have returned now! we went to Le Petit Danois and can report it was excellent for both adults and kids. Thanks all.
latest report
tyke2, great news

How was your holiday with Esprit and the accommodation etc?

Thanks

Nicky
snow report
Nicky

All was very well orchestrated actually.

Flights and transfers perfect.
In resort by 12.30 lunchtime. Met by the Esprit Army at the coach stop. Bags identified and taken by van to the Chalet and carried op to our 3rd floor chalet.
We stayed in Chalet Charlotte which is on the top floor of the Ourson Chalet building. It has two - two bed family suites and amazingly the other suite was empty we had it to ourselves with our own personal chalet host - very nice.
The chalet is spacious and well equipped with big open plan living-dining - kitchen. large screen TV and WIFI.
Cake was ready and we were then whisked away to pick up our skis in the village by the chalet host, which was good as we didn't book their ski rental package. We went to the skimium shop across the road and had great kit and a good price.
On return we had visits from the childcare head nanny - Chris ( who we had at Peisey last year , which was nice)he filled us in on the arrangements for the 3 year old in spritelets, and 7 year old in snow club and advanced ski lessons. Follwoed by spritelets host Felicity to introduce herself to the 3 year old.
Followed by resort rep Georgina who brought ski passes details of everything else we needed.
By this time it was high tea time for kids at 5.30 which was accompanied by kids club host James. so we were well sorted.
Next morning dumped 7 year old in boot room with the 2 kids club reps and son next door in the Braconnier where the spritelets area was and the 3 year old was greeted with very smiley happy Esprit childcarers, Felicity, Rory and one more that I forget her name! £ year old went straight for the toys and ignored my presence so I left him with no worries.
Chalet is ski out of boot room about 75 meters to the beginner's drag lift (free and no pass needed) and up to the main lift / piste area. As its on the beginner's piste you can ski straight back in again.
Evolution 2 ski school was great for me and wife and also the 7 year old.
Food was very good, considering being provided by 18 year olds.
Location was great, on a quiet cul-de-sac , within sight of bars / restaurants etc.
Snow was great , we had 30 inches in 30 hours on the Friday/Saturday.
The only minor gripe was that the chalet could have been cleaned much better, an extra 15 mins a day cleaning would have made a big difference.
I cant really fault Esprit other than the cleanliness, having said that we do expect rather a lot.

Any questions feel free to ask.
snow conditions
Thanks for the review great to read. My girls are 3 & 6 and we are booked to go to St Anton with Esprit.

I am thinking La Rosiere looks like a nice place to go with the family at some point in the future.
latest report
WayneC, I would have thought there would be plenty of tapas dishes suitable for children.
snow report
Hells Bells, the plates were very big... easy enough for two adults on each... but yes if your children eat smoked salmon or canard, why not!
snow conditions
Canard au miel was my middle sons favourite food as a small child. Hw would not eat beef at all, pork only in sausages, and chicken only as nuggets. But duck was hailed as wonderful. I often wondered if I was the only mother to automatically take a bottle of squeezy honey out with me!
latest report
Nickyj

Yes La Rosiere is good for families. Esprit are especially good with children the ages of yours. They will love it. Ours never stopped smiling all week.
We are looking at next years Esprit brochure for the 3rd year and we get an extra 5% off for the 3rd trip.
Enjoy St Anton.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi All.

Does anyone know if le Petite Danois is open this year? I cant find any reference to it online etc??
ski holidays
tyke2, Google and then link to FB indicates that it is no more Sad (still in VdI)
latest report
Petit Danois in La Ros is gone.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy