Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap transfers: Tignes to Geneva airport?

Poster: A snowHead
I'm trying to find a transfer company that can offer me a place in a shared transfer from Tignes to Geneva Airport for a late night Sunday flight (to enable a half-day's skiing on the last day...).

The ones I've found so far are quoting for a whole minibus Shocked or only offer morning transfers.

Can anyone recommend a company that might do a mid-afternoon departure from Tignes on a shared basis?

It's in late March, so I do wonder whether I'm just enquiring too early and there might be more shared options available nearer the time?

I've never had a problem getting cheap flexible transfers from the PDS, so wondered if it's a Tignes thing?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you tried bensbus?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
you could try mountainsun - I think they might do transfers for people who are not staying with them, if they have room - but might need to be nearer the time.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the suggestions Standee and pam w, . These were the first companies I tried. Unfortunately Bens Bus don't do mid-late afternoon departures that would enable me to get a half-day's skiing in, and Mountainsun don't have any space for non-guests at the moment.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You can call either Tignes Tourist Office or Tignes Gare Routier to see what's available. I am sure there will be a bus you could get a seat on.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi CathS,

send out a request on www.findtransfers.com for a shared transfer (just put it as a comment) and someone might be able to sort you out. The official ski bus is altibus.com but don't think they run late at night.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
www.altibus.com departures from Tignes Le Lac at 1350 and 1555 takes about 4 hours one way €63
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chocksaway, Thanks - I had looked at the bus timetables. Slight problem that I'm staying in Tignes les Boisses and they don't stop there.

If all else fails I'll have to ditch the morning's skiing for an earlier transfer and spend a few hours waiting around in the airport instead Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tignes Spirit (http://www.tignes-spirit.com/)
Richard Scott (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.135201463173116.39343.100000497900022&type=1#!/richardsnowstar)

Sorry, I don't have Richard's website, only Facebook page.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CathS wrote:
chocksaway, Thanks - I had looked at the bus timetables. Slight problem that I'm staying in Tignes les Boisses and they don't stop there.

Get the local navette service from Les Boisses to Le Lac. Then get on the big bus.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Too early to commit but I live in Boisses and drive back to Geneva most Sundays for a late flight.
What date are you looking at and flight times?
On Sundays, in season I usually leave at 1730 depending on the weather/traffic situation.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Try the http://www.thecoolbus.co.uk/ Really got me out of a hole last week for a transfer over the weekend and tehy were great value.

Driver was a gent and really nice company in both directions.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

spend a few hours waiting around in the airport instead Sad

Or get the free train into Geneva, have a wander round, a nice lunch and an overpriced ice cream Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.altibus.com/ may be able to help.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CathS, The bus has to go through Boisses (I must admit I don't remember it stopping) but if you call in the office in Le Lac (In the Maison de Tignes) and speak to Christophe he will be able to advise. If not there is a resort bus service from Boisses to Le Lac or book it from Breviere and ski down/slide on suitcase (in extremis obviously)
snow conditions
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Having followed some of them up, there's still not much choice in terms of shared transfers that will get me to Geneva for early evening (I'm afraid findtransfers.com wasn't much help as it just turned up a load of quotes of 400 Euros for the one-way trip Shocked ), but looks like if I leave it until a bit nearer the time there's a couple of operators that should be able to sort me out.

I've used altibus before, but unfortunately the bus timetable doesn't fit in with my flight departure, and given the choice I'd rather avoid the faff of lugging all my kit up the hill and go for something nippier with a quicker transfer time.
latest report
Altibus / Bens Bus - both are coaches

For minibus transfers try snowbus.co.uk or Europetransfers - they've only just started doing shared transfers this season
snow conditions
I used bens bus. Toofy Grin
snow report
Hi CathS,

We have now launched a 'Shared Transfer' forum on http://www.findtransfers.com/shared_transfers.asp We hope this will make it easier for travellers to find each other and team up for transfers. Also our transfer companies will publish their empty legs that they are happy to sell on a per seat basis.

We really hope that this will help anyone who is not travelling in a group find the best prices possible! I hope it can help you get that extra morning on the slopes! Wink
ski holidays
Try Mountainsun http://www.mountainsunltd.com/
They have a chalet in Les Boisses and do their own transfers by minbus. If they have guests going back to Geneva that day they may have spaces. They usually leave mid afternoon to allow a half day of skiing.
snow conditions
Get the local bus down to Bourg ST Maurice www.mobisavoie.fr (I think that's the website) for about EUR10 and then get the train to Geneva for about EUR30 www.voyages-sncf.fr
ski holidays
Altibus as already mentioned, it will always turn up whatever, unlike others I have used!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy