Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix transfers for a group of 9

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We were, until today, a group of 8 - perfect, as nearly all the transfer buses seem to be 8 seaters with room for clobber. But we may now be 9 - and when you plug 9 people in for a private transfer it goes from €340 or so to €640. Are there any transfer companies with slightly bigger buses?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Google gare routier geneva and get a timetable (Stations Alpines) from a drop down menu. I don't know the website because in address line there will be just numbers. Buses run pretty much all day and they stop at the airport to pick up passengers. There is also a phone number in the timetable so you can probably call them to reserve the seat. They use big intercity buses, not minibuses. Used to be 80 Swiss francs p/p return. Alternatively, get separate transfers. There are typically many drivers going to Chamonix at GVA so shouldn't be a problem to get a seat. In the evenings I don't bother with the bus and go straight to the airport and never failed yet to get to Chamonix without any tranfer arrangements. As long as there are flights arriving there will be buses and drivers hanging out offerening transfers. 25 euros p/p one way is a common price.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks - I suspect we'll end up with a private bus for 8 and the extra one getting a seat on a bus, just wondered if anyone did a 12 seater or something.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Perhaps look at booking 8 in one booking (ie a full bus) and then a single who picks up a shared transfer.

You'll probably find that the single ends up paying pro-rata of the full bus rate, the reason being if you book a "Private Transfer" for various reasons you are booking exclusive use of two buses hence the doubling in price.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andy from embsay wrote:
Thanks - I suspect we'll end up with a private bus for 8 and the extra one getting a seat on a bus, just wondered if anyone did a 12 seater or something.

IIRC anything larger than 9 seats (inc driver) and the operator is into PSV laws etc etc....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mountain drop offs are top class
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, we've used mountain drop offs to go to and from Morzine - the question was just whether we can get a bus for 9 - to which I think the answer is no, so "Ms 9 " will have to get herself to Argentiere!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi, quite a few people offer shared transfers or have bigger buses as well. Try to send out a request on www.findtransfers.com and you will get quotes directly from local companies. It's worth seeing what they offer. Hope that helps... (I do work for findtransfers but we don't take any commission)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
try http://www.chamexpress.com/ used them loads and had great service
latest report
 cran
cran
tell the 9th person they can't go... or book 1 private transfer for 8 of you and let the 9th person book on a shared transfer on their own (it's their own fault for joining late anyway).

But if you are going to chamonix there are 16 seater buses.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cran, that's what I've done (well, told the 9th person to sort themselves).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Might get a better price by taking 2 5/6 seat taxis rather than 2 nine seat ones - they do exist.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
alpybus, chamexpress, mountain drop offs and others all run services to cham every 30 minutes or so, just book 5 with one company and 4 with another....

chamexpress have a coach that does transfers as well, but i'm not sure how often it runs. alpybus would be my favorite though.....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorted with Chamexpress - transfer for 9 in a 13 seater, €21 each way per head. Snorting.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy