Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Argentiere/Cham lift passes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Argentiere for a long weekend in Jan, but can't seem to find GM prices anywhere. I keep getting redirected to the site that sells full area passes - we arrive lunchtime on thursday so assume we'll get half a day in up at GM, then maybe have a day at Brevent/Flegere and another couple of days at Argentiere.

So what I'm trying to suss out is whether we'd be better getting a 3 day full area pass (ideally with the top lift at GM included) or just buying day tickets.

Has anyone got a link to sonewhere that has half day and full day prices for individual areas?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think the only area for which you can buy a separate pass is Les Houches. For everything else you need either Le Pass or Unlimited (if you want to go to the top of GM). No separate passes for these areas. You can buy Le Pass for 4 hours on your first day, and then 3 days pass, and if you want to go top of GM you can buy a 10euro suppplement at Argentiere. Personally, unless you are not interested in skiing from the very top, I wouldn't do it as the savings are not that great and on a weekend lines at Argentiere ticket office can be really long. We queued for over an hour once to get our lift tickets. On a holiday I would pay 20 extra euros to avoid this.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andy from embsay, Only "Le Pass" or MB unlimited. Buy online. Queues at GM can be tedious.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
andy from embsay, Only "Le Pass" or MB unlimited. Buy online. Queues at GM can be tedious.
andy from embsay, Here you go, http://www.compagniedumontblanc.co.uk/en/buy-on-line
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Really? That's changed from a few years ago. You used to be able to get a half or full day ticket for an area.

That's basically €40 per part or full day, even if you only want to wee wee about at Le Chosalets (surely not??).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andy from embsay wrote:
Really? That's changed from a few years ago. You used to be able to get a half or full day ticket for an area.

That's basically €40 per part or full day, even if you only want to wee wee about at Le Chosalets (surely not??).

All the nursery areas have a cheap pass.

You can also avoid long lines by getting your pass at Montenveres railway station ticket office. The top ticket can be booked in advance on line or at the office.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Beginners slopes are different. You can get a pass for a beginner's area and it will be cheaper but this is where you'll have to ski.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yep - we've got a guy with us who's not skied much so is along for a practice and some beer. Can't seem to find anywhere to buy online yet either - just takes you to a pdf of prices.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
He will be OK in Le Tour probably if he can ski at all, there are some fairly gentle blue runs. Le Tour is very close to Argentiere. Get him a lesson, it will do more for him than hanging out on nursery slopes with little ones. There are easy blues in Brevent and Marmottons is Argentier is practically flat. So if gets a refresher instruction he should be OK there practicing. You can get tickets for nursery areas on spot.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes, I'd assumed he'd go to Le Tour and get some lessons, but it was just that first day when we'll probably not be on the hill til 2pm. We'll probably have one day out of the "3 and 2 half" days we've got at Brevent/Flegere, so he could come down there too.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have definitely seen half day and full day mountain-specific tickets being sold at the end of the season but am not sure if that was because it was the end of the season...

andy from embsay wrote:
Can't seem to find anywhere to buy online yet either - just takes you to a pdf of prices.
Looks like the CdMB online purchase functionality is still only open for season and annual lift passes.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
andy from embsay wrote:
We'll probably have one day out of the "3 and 2 half" days we've got

You should be able to get a full final day if you get a late flight home from Geneva (easyJet)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowball wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:
We'll probably have one day out of the "3 and 2 half" days we've got

You should be able to get a full final day if you get a late flight home from Geneva (easyJet)

1600 flight to Leeds - ski til an early lunch probs.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy