Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Interesting way of using a drag lift! ...

Poster: A snowHead
Came across this on YouTube and thought it was worth a share. Had me in stitches!

http://youtube.com/v/nGTn6jCo788&feature=related

Simply genius!

Laughing [/code]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
and then there is this one!

http://youtube.com/v/1B5UMa_gplE&feature=related
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski_AL, Been posted many, many times already!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This looks fun Madeye-Smiley

http://youtube.com/v/P5Eg4cwP4qs

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 27-10-12 17:14; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Apologies - I'm a snowHead newbie and just getting into the spirit of things and gettin excited for the season ahead.

... and my Ski + Board Mag has just come through the door ... time for a nice cup of coffee.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ski_AL, no need to apologise snowHead

Plenty of people register who wouldn't know about the history, so would enjoy the clips

Some are always worth seeing again Laughing

You should see the Helmet debate repetition Laughing Laughing

Samerberg Sue is clearly not skiing this weekend.... wink Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, it has come up many times previously, but in some of the other post footage links there are some classics with boarders having problems with a poma - I'd never really considered the evils that boarders must face on a poma, but I can see why they have trouble with them from that footage - reminds me why I think I'll stick with skis!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chasseur, Not this weekend as I was not home from my friend's funeral until very late last night. I may go tomorrow if it stops snowing Toofy Grin NehNeh
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Samerberg Sue, yeah - hope you're OK Smile

And lay-off with trying to make me jel Laughing I told you, I'm pretty chuffed right now and another week at the latter stage of the season might also be on the cards snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chasseur, C'mon, what's the point of living out here if we can't make the island dwellers a wee bit green! wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Samerberg Sue, grrrrr Laughing

Might have to go to Hemel now rolling eyes Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ski_AL, never seen the second one - I wish we could have seen how they got off!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx, neither have I. The 2nd attempt was priceless Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I am sure the first video is George Michael. In which case he probably enjoyed the experience. Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Might have to go to Hemel now rolling eyes Laughing

Tuesdays, 7am now
snow conditions
Last season in Courchevel I was in a lengthy queue for a poma/button lift, grabbed my button and used as prescribed and then watched in horror as the link anchoring the arm to the cable snapped and I was left stationary holding it between my legs. The lifty nearly pissed himself laughing when I gave him a shout. Embarassed
snow report
this one had me in stiches

http://youtube.com/v/4GKieIjYPWk
latest report
snow_badger - Found this one earlier today - so funny! - The guy operating the lift was getting so annoyed!
snow report
Ski_AL, Doesn't matter how many times I see that first one, still makes me laugh Very Happy I hadn't seen the second one though so thanks for posting.

It reminds me of Kevin... Is it time to watch Kevin again? Please tell me we can watch Kevin again...Toofy Grin
ski holidays
So how are boarders supposed to ride a T-bar - it was as though the lifty was trying to suggest that the boarder put it between his legs - was that what he was trying to do?

Mind you, I do feel for boarders on drag lifts - they don't have it as easy as skiers I think. That said whilst I don't mind Pomas I am not overboard about T bars - I can manage them and have even done fairly steep ones, but I am v. def. NOT happy when I'm on them. I'm very much hanging on for grim death and concentrating every step of the way up not to cross my skis or fall off the T. Yet, I don't have any problems with pomas at all - I'm not entirely certain why either.
latest report
^ totally agree, I hate T-bars with a passion. It's getting off them which I hate. I got one caught behind my knee once as I twisted it to get off and it carried me onto the snow bank at the end. Everyone laughed, including the liftie Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
Piccadilly, getting off them is def. not a picnic - I always hope to be riding with someone more competent than myself and try to arrange to go off first leaving the bar with them to deal with.
latest report
Drag lifts and Tbars , always good for a laugh, as long as its someone else !! Nice to see George Michael out skiing in the 1st vid Cool

One of the best ones i witnessed happened on a dreaded Tbar, cant remember where. A nice young lady infront of me dismounted fine but the T caught under her jacket, dragged her off her ski's and hoisted her into the air effectively undressing her inthe process.
Strangely although a sizable crowd gathered to watch as she hung there semi naked no one seemed to be in a hurry to get her down, Sexist pigs Very Happy
snow report
Having done most of my skiing in Scotland as a kid, t-bars don't hold any fear for me. Smile
ski holidays
Yeah ..I never mind getting on the t bar but hate getting off .. I also have been hooked into mid air and have miraculously disembarked .
ski holidays
Quote:

Ski_AL, Doesn't matter how many times I see that first one, still makes me laugh Very Happy I hadn't seen the second one though so thanks for posting.

I dont even have to see it just the thought of it makes me want to pee myself laughing. It has to be the funniest thing I have ever seen.
snow conditions
Ive just watched that first one again- is it a shorter version?

Edit - after a re-watch have realised I was just laughing so much I'd missed the "you ok, Sir?" - f'ing hilarious.
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, Every time I watch it, I do wonder how the hell he managed to get himself in that position in the first place? Confused

And then I stop worrying... and just enjoy the moment... Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snow_badger, Loved this!! Laughing
ski holidays
I think what makes it funny - is that we have all been in that position - maybe not in such dramatic style - but I imagine most people have had a few battles with a drag lift or T bar .... I know I certainly have

Laughing
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/85AHvpGTkdU
It's been on here loads but I still crack up watching the bold Kevin
ski holidays
boabski , Thank you so much for that - I hadn't seen that one - I have literally been in tears watching that! Absolutely brilliant
snow report
Megamum, yes, snowboarders generally ride T bars astride the T. I think that liftie was surprisingly patient, especially after having been knocked over!
snow report
Those videos cheered me up no end, on a rather dark and gloomy afternoon. Anyone going up a lift with Kevin is mega-brave. The dismount ramp off that chair looked quite steep.
snow report
anyone got anymore vids we have a kevin/frankie spencer in our ski party only he,s worst, i try not to look what he is doing whilst im skiing as ive come a cropper myself laughing at him!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
I have watched that video a few times but every time I watch I get hysterical laughing ..it is a tonic and so typical , it certainly happened to us when we were starting.
latest report
The laughter has got me longing for the season. It is a greater incentive than all that powder on the other thread, for me anyway!

Thanks for refreshing all this stuff.

snowHead

Oh, and don't you wish you were just starting out for the first time. You'll never have so much fun on the slopes again.
snow report
boabski, I watched that with my toes curled and fists clenched, very funny clip. Thank god chair lifts have moved on!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy