Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les arc Van express to laplagne

Poster: A snowHead
I am going to buy ski pass on line for les arcs and the local pass is 68euro cheaper the the discovery which is all week in les arc and 1 of those days in laplagne. which has me thinking is there an option to buy a 1 day ticket where you can use the VE and 1 day in La plagne?
I have also posted on another board so sorry to all those peeps who may think i am cluttering up the message boards. Razz
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've looked into this before (albeit the other way round - staying in La Plagne and one day in Les Arcs) and the discovery pass seemed to be the only valid option unless you've got you're own transport then you could drive by road from one resort to the other, but even then you've still got to get the additional one day pass so there would be little or no saving.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stay in Les Arcs frequently (about 15 days a year) and rarely go over to La Plagne, but when I do, I just ski to the lift pass office by the Vanoise Express and buy a day's extension. It is very simple and only takes a few minutes. I am sure we pay much less than 68 euro. IIRC it is 25 euro per person per day. Are you sure the 68 euro does not refer to a paradiski pass? Also check just what you mean by a local pass. There are local passes covering, for example, the Vallandry area only but you probably only see these in the lift pass office.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
From this an added day extension costs 31Euro
All public rates here
http://www.la-plagne.com/images/stories/SAP/sap_2012-2013_pub.pdf
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JohnE the les arc web site currently has the 6 day discovery at 210euro which has a 15 % discount if purchased before end of october. The les arcs locol pass is 142euro hence the 68 euro difference. If it is only 25euro to add the one day extension to ski la plagne for a day AND it includes the VE to get there then that is probably the way i will go.
For anyone going to Les arc this season the web site has 15% discount on all tickets purchased on line before end of october.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yer €68 sounds a lot, it was only €30 IIRC for a day extension when I did my season out there.

Would recommend doing 1 day in the other resort though, just cos it's interesting.

In fact I'm going on holiday to Les Arcs this year off the back of a couple of day extensions while I was out there!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pauljames, If you're an 'interimidiot' or above then it's a crying shame to limit yourself to only half of that amazing area.

Sensible of course to explore the cheapest option but my strong advice is to have at least one day over in La Plagne.

After all when you're on your death bed, looking back on your life, you're unlikely to say "I'm so glad I saved 30€ by only exploring half of Paradiski"
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

red 27
lol, i think i would class myself more than an intermidiot!. i was in les arc during the winter olympics 20 years ago and we went back in feb this year and had the discovrey ticket. had a great day in la plagne and over by champagny. We were always going to spend a day over in la plagne but i was exploring the cost options as daughter and bf are with us this time and they are keen to save a few ££'s if possible. having said that it is not a deal breaker either.

on a slightly different topic i went to the NEC ski show yesterday, EB took up a large % of the floor space and a lot of chalets spreading their word - apart from that there was not a lot else. Rossy Atomic and Head had very small stands and quite honestly they did themeselves no good by having such tiny stands or next to no products on show. left feeling very dissapointed. Atomic stand had limited lighting and if i remember correctly they had 4 ski's on the stand - not pairs!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pauljames, I thought you had your sums wrong, but I just checked the webpage. Last season the one day discovery pass was only about 30 Euros more than the Les Arcs full pass so I am surprised there is so big a difference. It might be worth calling the Les Arcs office to find out how much an upgrade for a day costs if bought at the Vanoise Express this season as it might now be a cheaper option.

It is still worth going over the la Plagne side for a day if you are an ok skier. It gives you a real feeling of a long trip, but it is easy with all the fast lifts now. Very Happy

ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pauljames, gotcha - enjoy yourself, it's a great area, I'm over there soon myself snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pauljames wrote:
JohnE the les arc web site currently has the 6 day discovery at 210euro which has a 15 % discount if purchased before end of october. The les arcs locol pass is 142euro hence the 68 euro difference. If it is only 25euro to add the one day extension to ski la plagne for a day AND it includes the VE to get there then that is probably the way i will go.
For anyone going to Les arc this season the web site has 15% discount on all tickets purchased on line before end of october.

That €142 price is 15% off €167 for the first week of the season. It goes up to €222.50 or €189,50 with the discount if the pass starts on 22/12 or later.

The discount is available on all the tickets - so I'd get a Paradiski Unlimited for €223.50 if I were you.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
agw, I new if I came back later someone would have figured it out. Now that sounds more like the difference in price that I expected. Thanks. Very Happy

I just tried the Les Arcs site again. When you enter the dates you want the pass for it changes the cost and then gives you the discount. So without the discount, the difference between the Discovery pass for a week giving you one day in La Plagne and the Les Arcs/Peiesey area pass is 24 Euros. So it is worth buying the discovery pass in advance as this is cheaper than buying it as an upgrade when you get to Les Arcs.

If you buy your passes whilst the discount is still valid, having a full paradiski pass will cost 1 Euro more than the normal price for a discovery pass, but you need to buy it before the 31st October to make the saving.

The normal price of a full paradiski pass is 262.50 Euros.

I hope that all makes sense now. Enjoy your holidays. Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
agw, your correct and i am not sure how i got that wrong - I will be booking discovery pass before end of oct now that the prices make sense.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pauljames wrote:
agw, your correct and i am not sure how i got that wrong - I will be booking discovery pass before end of oct now that the prices make sense.
Cool - fanatastic ski area. Recommended lunch stop on the La Plagne side is Chalet Hotel Graciosa at the top end of Plagne Centre. It's a Ski Olympic place but the bar is open to the public. Last season the chef was doing proper cooked-from-scratch pasties, lovely. Soup's good, too. Get to it by skiing down the track from Aime-La-Lagne.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
agw, I also like eating at the Graniosa, hope they have the same chef as last year. Send me a Pm if you fancy meeting for a beer and maybe a ski when you are out. Very Happy
latest report
snowcrazy wrote:
agw, I also like eating at the Graniosa, hope they have the same chef as last year. Send me a Pm if you fancy meeting for a beer and maybe a ski when you are out. Very Happy
That would be good except that we'll probably be going elsewhere this year. Mrs agw's skiing days are over due to her second nasty calf muscle tear in four years so we need somewhere with more non-skiing stuff. Might start a new thread for that...
snow conditions
Discovey pass booked online with 15% discount. Very Happy hopefully the postie will deliver them to the house in the next week.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy