Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids lift pass in Val D'Isere?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Just booked Christmas week in Val D'Isere Very Happy just wondering if anyone knows whether the kids (8 and 6) will need a lift pass straight away (i.e. to access the nursery slopes) or if it is worth waiting until we get there and seeing how they progress before parting with any more money!
This will be our first time in Val D'Isere so not sure of the nursery slope lift set-up etc.
Any advice appreciated!

Katy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are a few lifts on the Nursery slopes that you do not need a pass for. If they are doing classes then ask the advice of the ski school when booking that. If you are teaching them youself then wait until they need them. So don't book until you get there would be my advice.

The nursery slopes are in the centre of the resort where the lifts up to Solaise and Belvarde go from. Big wide, flattish area. Good if they are a bit nervous
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Mark. I won't pre-book them then. They have both skied before but will be in ski school in the mornings and then we are hoping to ski as a family in the afternoon. Good to know there are some tame slopes nearby - we booked the holiday on an impulse due to an amazing offer (price wise) but the more research I do the more I'm wondering if it was such a good idea as the skiing looks quite tough. I can normally get myself down most things but am not confident enough to be able to do that with two kids in tow!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Katy - some of the skiing is tough in Valdisere but there are definitely slopes that the kids will be fine on (we took our daughter there when she was 6). The Village chairlift is free and it is a nice nursery slope for the kids to get some practice in. The chairlift slows down at the top so if they have not used a chairlift before it is an easy one to use for the first time.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy