Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Show - do bargains exist?

Poster: A snowHead
I went for the first time last year and came home with a hold-all full of brochures and magazines etc but I didn't actually buy anything.....but then I didn't need anything.

This year I need a new jacket and trousers of the ski variety (not, "suits you sir") and don't want to rush in and spend a wad of cash and then realise in a months time I assisted in paying for the rent of Olympia.

What do you think?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A couple of years back at the ski show at the NEC in Birmingham, I managed to get a Columbia jacket for about £80. It had a price ticket of £100 but I made an offer because there was no hood Cool and the guy accepted it. I know the jacket was the previous seasons colours because I had seen in the the Snow and Rock catalogue, but I'm sure the original price was something like £130. So I would say yes, bargains do exist, but you have to look for them, and don't be afraid to barter. On a similar note, I often buy Motorcycle gear at trade shows etc, 'cause there are bargains to had at these shows as well.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The best bargins tend to be at the last of the shows (Manchester), especially on its last day.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I got a Helly Hansen jacket half price last year from one of the smaller stands. If you're looking for clothing, I would say that there's a good chance of finding something at a good price. As Timberwolf says, you do have to look around.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peter Leuzzi, for the past few years the Ecole de Ski International have had a stand where they sell surplus ski school uniforms, these tend to be SOS or similar and are usually priced very competitively.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David@traxvax,

Quote:

for the past few years the Ecole de Ski International have had a stand where they sell surplus ski school uniforms, these tend to be SOS or similar and are usually priced very competitively.

Don't have the attitude to wear it!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter Leuzzi, why not?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mr HH got a £400 Killy jacket for just over the £100 last time we went. Yes it was a couple of seasons old but as it was a natty grey colour who the heck cares?

David@traxvax, If you buy one of those ski school uniforms isn't there a fighting chance that you'll look behind you on the mountain and find a trail of those little ducks following you?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
homphomp, not if ski fast enough.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David@traxvax, homphomp, So some people actually buy ex-ski school jackets ? Puzzled
latest report
 brian
brian
David@traxvax, can you skip lift queues in them ? Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David@traxvax, I would wear a school uniform but I don't have the legs for one. I look silly when I try and wear pigtails too.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There have been loads of bargains through the summer online..... there are still now..... depends if you mind buying blind i guess!

Adam
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Murdoch, save it up for the end of season races, fancy dress is obligatory, unless you're admitting that school uniform isn't fancy dress.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David@traxvax, Those little ducks ski faster than me...and they don't fall down as much! Embarassed
snow conditions
homphomp, I know what you mean, I don't remember being able to keep up with my kids from the age of about eleven, but my eldest son is quite proud that his old dad can still keep up with him, just.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy