Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

101 reasons why a bad day on the slopes is better than a good day at the office

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

My group of fellow skiers are not sure if they will book a holiday on the slopes this year due to other commitments. I need to twist their arm and would like as many reasons why we should hit the slopes again.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mightysaints, welcome to snowHead snowheads snowHead and what a good topic for your 1st post.

Reason No 1 - being anywhere is better than being in the office.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No mountains or vin chaud in my office. snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
4. When you face plant in the office, it always hurts, in the soft snow it doesn't.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No, Blue Sky powder days in the UK, just wall to wall grey.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
6. The M25 (or in your case, mightysaints, the M27) - would you rather be stationery in a lift queue for a minute, or 10 minutes in a motorway queue?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Getting outdoors in the winter is a proven cure for SAD!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am interested as to what the other commitments may be. Justifiable reasons may be:
Cant go skiing because:
I have to collect my Euro Lottery win
I am saving up for a chalet
I need to do more physio on my 2 dislocated knees
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
the briefest mention of getting high on white powder seems to be an offence in the office, especially in todays politcal climate. in the alps its something to be proud of.

i can't walk circa 100m to the office from home. in the alps i'm on a lift by then
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, how about:
I am waiting for my Nigerian friend to deposit some money in my bank account...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowbunny, I think our Scots and Cumbrian freinds may disagree !

7) TNF clothing looks (slightly) less silly in Val D'Isere than it does on the bus.

Cool You'll waste WAY less time on Snowheads in the mountains.....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ski,
Quote:

snowbunny, I think our Scots and Cumbrian freinds may disagree !

Ok, I'll amend that to read, no Blue Sky Powder days where I live Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wear The Fox Hat, Laughing Laughing Some do fall for it Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowbunny, wink snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
mightysaints,

Welcome..!!

You friends are completly bonkers...!!!

Get new friends...!!
ski holidays
Thanks to you all, keep them comming in as i neeed as much ammo as possible, my daughter goes to Austria in Feb so theres no way i can't not have my time on the white stuff. If there is anyone in the southampton area that would be willing to let me tag along let me know.
ski holidays
David Goldsmith,

Enough said...!!!
latest report
mightysaints wrote:
anyone in the southampton area that would be willing to let me tag along let me know.

There is a pre-season trip very soon, and probably at least one end of season trip to which all snowHeads are welcome. Details in the "snowEvents" section.
latest report
Taking your shoes off at the end of the day is nowhere near as nice after a day in the office as it is after a day on the slopes.
ski holidays
Apres office just doesn't sound the same.....
snow report

Another fruitless day at the orifice
ski holidays
The confectionery, 'Snowball' may be enjoyed at the office with coffee at break time, but nothing can beat the real thing; the swishing in the air, followed by that dull thump as it impacts and explodes around the head/body of the target................. Toofy Grin
latest report
The air from the office Air Con system just doesn't help clear a hangover as well as clear Alpine air wink
ski holidays
Yeah, snowball fights are a lot more fun than rolled-up-paper fights!
The view out of an office is... another office. The view out of a chalet is... just amazing.
Going up ski lifts is 1. alot more easy than going up stairs and 2. a lot less boring than an elevator, and has a much better view
U can impress ladies on the slops with your flirting AND your skiing. Office? No skills, except for typing. Boring!
Staring at the Alps is a lot more rewarding, satifying fulfilling than staring at a computer screen. (After 3 lessons in ICT in a day I can clarify!)
The weather.
The snow, for starters! Is there any snow in the office? No!
You can get snowed under with, well, snow, instead of (bl00dy) paperwork!!!! (Or coursework in my cace.)
Tell them if they're don't go skiing they aint got a life! Laughing
Julia
ski holidays
You can't watch your friend fall over 10M before the line in a GS race in the office (unless you were fortunate enough to have the first time on video) Laughing
snow report
...because you really need snow and if you don't get it you'll die, or least be very unhappy snowHead

Oh dear, I seem to have kicked off my craving again...

(Welcome to snowHeads, BTW)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy