Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any solo skiers aged 30-50+ interested in Morzine chalet 2-9 Feb...

Poster: A snowHead
....£465 for breakfast, tea, dinner with wine, transfer from Geneva...flight NOT incl.
We are a group of 10 skiers that met last year on a forum as part of a larger group. Skiing ability ranges from beginner to advanced and apres-ski ability ranging from lightweight to expert. We have 18 places in chalet (max places 30) on hold until 31 Oct and hoping that some more solo skiers (or boarders) might like to join us. We live all over UK and plan to meet up at Geneva or chalet.

Caroline
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds ideal...my usual ski group has splintered this year. So its only me...I'm 40, intermediate and love a bit of apres but nothing too heavy. Been to Morzine couple of times, Love it! Would be really interested in joining your group. Do you have a contact email etc. I'm London based.

Helen x
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Helen...excellent!...I've sent you a private message with my email address...post here if you don't receive it. I live in Fleet, Hampshire and plan to fly from Heathrow with SwissAir.
Caroline x
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This sounds very tempting..... Advanced Intermediate skier and apres skier

Duncan
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Caroline,

Iv been on 2 group skiing holidays last winter and am looking to do another skiing trip this winter...can you send me your email address so i can send you more details...mines welcomevending@btinternet.com. If anyone else is reading this and feels that i might benefit their group then please contact me..im 49..single...an intermediate skier, get on well with everyone and am a humorous kinda guy...thx

gary
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skiinghobo wrote:
This sounds very tempting..... Advanced Intermediate skier and apres skier

Duncan

Hey Duncan
Still tempted?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
im looking to use my annual leave up, I am london based. I,m a sitskier happy on any colour runs
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Can I have some more information - dates, chalet details, etc.

I am a 40 yo advanced intermediate skier - happy on any colour pistes - based in Brighton. Please contact me on chereme@mac.com
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hya am I too late for a bit more information?
I am available that week and have skied les Gets etc years ago.
Cheers
Victoria
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Victoria
No not too late. We're staying at Chalet Sherpa http://www.jollygood.com/Morzine/W_Sherpa.html. Group of 6 currently ( 3 girls, 3 boys) aged 35-50, some single, others with partners that don't ski. Book your own flight, 2 going from H'row, 2 from Newcastle, Liverpool and Midlands. Will sent you a private message with my email address if you want to know more.
Caroline
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I recommend the chef there (Kath?) her food in September was fantastic!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi. I am also interested - subject to confirming dates off from work. Male, 42, intermediate skier. Kids got school stuff so skiing solo next yr., looking for group to travel / ski with - would look to fly from Bristol. What time is the transfer from Geneva likely to be?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Transfers between 0830 and 2130 (supplement may apply to out of hours transfers and any single person arrivals/departures). We currently have flights booked that arrive at 11.30am and 2.20pm and leave GVA on the 9th at 12.40pm and 5.30pm. Group size is currently 8 (3 girls, 5 boys)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi again. I now have the time off from work. Have you already made a group booking ? Or is it down to individuals to book direct with the chalet ? Any idea of how rooms share is arranged ? Lots of questions, maybe you could pm me an email address for further correspondence. Thanks
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hello there,

Just found this forum and it looks as if it could be the answer to my (desperate) need to get on the mountains with a group.
I live & work in London, 37yo, female, intermediate skier, gagging to get on the mountains again having had to cancel my trip last year due to illness (yup that sucked). All well now though!
I'm pretty laid back but organised, enthusiastic about skiing (rather than getting totally wrecked every night!) and would be up for this trip. Just keen to get booked ASAP.

•Are there any spaces left?
•If the chalet doesn't get filled, will there be an extra charge?
•Are you collectively meeting up for the transfers as a group to the resort?

Another female mate may be interested too, shes a boarder similar age.

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

Cheers!

Sarah
ski holidays
Hi Caroline,

This sounds good; I’ve never skied in a large group before, so it would make a nice change. I’m 50, a single skier this year, as my family are unable to go due to studies. I like to ski at an intermediate to high level. Could you give me some more information please?

Douglas
ski holidays
Hi Sarah & Douglas,
I have sent you both a PM with a contact email address. Send me all the questions that you have and I will get Steve, our group leader to get in touch.
Caroline
snow conditions
Hi Sarah
There are still spaces
No extra charge if chalet not filled.
Some of us have buddied up to meet at GVA and transfer together. Before you book your flight, we can let you know what time everyone else is planning to fly so there will be someone to transfer with.
Best
Caroline
snow report
hi there got me interested.i ski there every year solo so can get a little lonley.......can you tell me more please? intermediate skier and expert apres ski dancer lol
snow report
carrots, is there any space left? Also, would it be possible for a half-week stay ? (Weds to Saturday?)
latest report
carrots, hi there caroline is here still space for 2 more in the chalet in morzine me and my wife carole would be interested in are 40s carole intermediate skier
cheers Daz
latest report
icicle wrote:
carrots, is there any space left? Also, would it be possible for a half-week stay ? (Weds to Saturday?)

There are still spaces left in the chalet. Don't think a half week is possible unless you want to pay for the whole week.
snow conditions
phoebe07 wrote:
carrots, hi there caroline is here still space for 2 more in the chalet in morzine me and my wife carole would be interested in are 40s carole intermediate skier
cheers Daz

Hi Daz I believe there is still a double room free. You and Carole would be most welcome. I have sent you a PM with a contact email address.
ski holidays
waiter_fisherman wrote:
hi there got me interested.i ski there every year solo so can get a little lonley.......can you tell me more please? intermediate skier and expert apres ski dancer lol

Hi...what would you like to know. Currently, we are a mixed-ability group of 10 aged 30+ to 50+. We all enjoy a full day on the slopes followed by a few beers in the evening. A link to the chalet web-site is listed in an earlier post.
snow conditions
Intermediate skier , not been tho for 5 years but desperate to get back into it, looking to join a group to maximise the fun. Ideal day would be a good days skiing and a few beers along the way. Easy going and will go with the flow
latest report
Hi mrhodes...have sent you a PM...email me for further info and any questions you have.
ski holidays
All a bit new to me this , could just do with a bit more info if there are any places and trip details, make up of group etc.
snow conditions
Hi Caroline. Really interested in joining the group if not too late. Dates & location are perfect for me. 42 years young, female, good intermediate skier. Would be grateful if you could drop me a line. Merci!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skippy16 wrote:
Hi Caroline. Really interested in joining the group if not too late. Dates & location are perfect for me. 42 years young, female, good intermediate skier. Would be grateful if you could drop me a line. Merci!

Hi skippy16...just sent you a PM with my email address.
snow report
Hi Carrots, I'm interested too..... 35 yo intermediate skier..... gemski77@yahoo.co.uk Sounds ideal for me. I'd want to pay a supplement though if poss for my own room. Thank you Happy
ski holidays
Any room left or have you got a full quota
Mark
snow report
mrhodes wrote:
Any room left or have you got a full quota
Mark

Hi Mark
There are 13 us currently, 4 girls and 9 guys, beginner to adv skiers, aged 30+ to 50+, mixture of singles and those with partners that don't ski. 8 of skied together last year having met on the Neilson forum. The group is open-ended, we're just trying to fill the chalet with people of a similar age & outlook (i.e. enjoy a full day on the slopes followed by good company with a few beers apres ski).

This is a link to the chalet http://www.jollygood.com/Morzine/W_Sherpa.html.

You book your own flight (transfer from Geneva is included in chalet cost).

Do you get my email address?
Caroline
ski holidays
Bump. 17 now booked, 1 more space going if interested .........
ski holidays
Any space left for single bloke, 44, beginner/intermediate, Hants based? Other half bogged down in studies and am desperate not to miss a ski season. Apres-ski ability fair to middling... Cheers Andy
snow report
Hi Andy
We are now a group of 18 people of all abilities and are a mixed age range from mid 30s-50s but have much in common. We are all fully paid up but the the chalet can take up to 30 and I don't think it is fully booked yet. If you are interested, do get in touch with Jenny: Jolly Good Alpine Adventures Ltd, UK 0844 808 1747, email: info@jollygood.com. If you need a roomie, you will probably find one on this forum.
Please let me know if you want any further info. I'm in Hants and flying from H'row.
Best
Caroline
snow report
Hi Caroline

Many thanks. Got in touch with Jenny and got the low down. It's a definite option. May see you there if it all works out. Cheers Andy
latest report
Hi Andy...let me know if you do!
latest report
Hi

Sounds great, assuming its not too late to join?!

I'm an intermediate (female) skier, 42, who missed the great snow last year....... I would be travelling from London.

Thanks!
snow report
Hello there
Can you give me a heads-up on the costs please. Am an intermediate to advanced male skier, 50 in Feb but very fit. I would fly Swiss (£110 return) to Geneva. What would the lift pass cost?? Thanks
latest report
Hi
Any places left on this trip? 38 yr old male skier, intermediate. London based
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy