Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

two boards in one bag - easyjet policy

Poster: A snowHead
I just called easy jet and asked them to clarify their sports bag policy given here http://easyjet.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4039

I told them that I wanted to carry two boards in one bag, they said that this violated their policy, even if the bag was within the weight limit and that two sports bags should be used. I suggest that that was crazy and the guy on the phone agreed but that it was policy.

Now in the past I have been packing my board bag with multiple board and ski combinations and have never had a problem at check in, however I feel I have been living on borrowed time. I remeber seeing someone else having to pay extra at check in this winter, so guess next season will pay for two sports bags but still take one.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I guess they won't actually open the bags, but might be able to tell from the overall bulk or the obviously protruding two sets of bindings.

You could take the bindings off one of the boards, gaffa tape the boards together in the bag, and stash the other bindings in a suitcase (or bubble wrap them up and shove them in the board bag so they fit in the space between the others).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JimboS, This is a lot of money. Specially with Ryan air. As they charge £80 I think now. Crazy.
We got away many times with 2 pairs. Once even with board and pair of skis in one bag Wink

Why not take the bindings off the second board and just tie it to the bottom of the first board. It is almost not noticeable and light. Different story than two board with bindings on I think.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great minds, Tom.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mr Piehole, Exactly, good idea with bubble wrap. Or even take both bindings off, tape the boards and bubble wrap them Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
couple of mates travelled geneva to bristol on sunday with two in a bag and nothing was said. They took one set of bindings off, but you'd need to do that really anyway Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Next trip is actually one board and a pair of Skiis, not so easy to hide as the second board, its a gamble but I guess they will sting you if discovered. We have been doing this for the past 15 years without a hitch since I got my cofin bag, but my luck will run out sooner or later.....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You would have to take the bindongs off one board anyway or the whole lot wouldn't fit. And there's no reason why you shouldn't be taking one board and a spare set of bindings either. Can't see them unpacking everyone's board bag at check-in on a busy Saturday to the extent that they could actually tell exactly what was there.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I guess with certain bags you could put the two boards binding-to-binding and just about squeeze it in. But it would look like you were taking a large canoe with you, and thus raise suspicion.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The "two board" question to EJ was posed as a hypothetical question, to make it as easy as possible for the foreign guy in the call centre at the other end to understand the concept.

The first time I asked the question, he though I wanted to take two boats with me rather than two boards. Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I carry multiple pairs of skis (2, sometimes 3 with bindings off 2 of them) in a single ski bag. They usually weigh the bag but they've never asked for it to be opened. All other airlines I've used have been the same. EJ also don't care if the bag's over the 12kg ski bag limit as long as the weight of hold bag + ski bag <= 32kg.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JimboS wrote:
The "two board" question to EJ was posed as a hypothetical question, to make it as easy as possible for the foreign guy in the call centre at the other end to understand the concept.

The first time I asked the question, he though I wanted to take two boats with me rather than two boards. Laughing

Brilliant Laughing

I will be taking two sets of skis with me in my ludicrously sized ski bag made for two sets. I had absolutely no idea you couldn't take two at the same time? My friends do it every year? Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JimboS, I think the policy says clearly - 1 set. They not gonna say anything different over the phone I guess.
I will have the same dilemma this winter - one board and one pair of skis Puzzled
Would not mind paying reasonable £40 per bag both ways.
But Ryan air £80 per bag will be £160 both ways for two bags - outrageous.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 24-10-12 16:25; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A few years back I put two pairs in one bag and paid for 2 pairs........

Easyjet check in lady told me to only pay for one pair in future!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have flown with easyjet many times with 2 or more boards in one bag. They have never opened the bag, although it has been weighed once or twice. I also pad the boards with clothing etc and have never been challenged on that although i think that is also outwith the terms of carriage.

As a workaround, i think some people check their board bag in as their check in luggage. There are no set dimensions for check in luggage so you can carry whatever bag you want I think.
snow report
kitenski, Same here.

I've also an email from them somewhere stating that it's Ok as long as it's within the weight limit.
snow report
JimboS, Just put 2 boards in one bag and go for it, I do it with ski's, never been an issue.
ski holidays
Put the two boards in the bag, THEY CAN'T OPEN IT TO LOOK, only security can do that, just tell them there's one in there.

Had EJ ask me at Geneva years ago, sad no, lot's of dirty underwear in there, the whined and let me on anyhow.

Oh and the hand luggage thingy, generally checked in with small or none, then take whatever, if you don't upset security at the scanner then your home free.
ski holidays
£80 each way?!?!? Are you joking?! Shocked
ski holidays
parkesy wrote:
£80 each way?!?!? Are you joking?! Shocked

Nope, both ways. I mentioned 160£ if I pay for two sets both ways. Sorry did not made it clear. Corrected now.
snow report
This question's popped up a few times before - the reason they have this limit is that you're not just paying for the weight, you're also paying for insurance of the contents, as well as any in-resort insurance offered by the airline/TO (e.g. free ski rental if yours are delayed). I'm sure that 99% of the time you'll get away with 2 sets of kit in 1 bag, but that 1 time it goes wrong you could end up shelling out large amounts in resort if they turn up late/not at all. Your decision - I know what I do!
ski holidays
monkey wrote:
As a workaround, i think some people check their board bag in as their check in luggage. There are no set dimensions for check in luggage so you can carry whatever bag you want I think.

This is the solution, but too late for the trip that is already booked.

An extra bag from edinburgh to munich is £28 and can have anything in it and be up to 20kg.

An extra board/ski bag costs £50 and only adds 12kg to the weight limit.
snow report
Swiss carry free but specifically state ONE set skis, poles, boots (even if in a separate bag) and a helmet. They say if you try more than this the whole free allowance will be voided and you will pay carriage !.
snow report
Hi,

I need to find a bag that will take a pair of skis and a board but cant find any, can any of you guys who do this recommend any?

The skis I need to take are 187s and I do have a pair of 190s that Id like to take but they can be left at home really
snow conditions
This does, as long as you buy it long enough to take the skis: http://eu.dakine.com/p/snowboard/board-bags/mens/tour

You won't fit both pairs of boots into it as well though.
snow conditions
My board bag LGW - GVA last december weighed approx 30 kilos and was stuffed with boards, boats, cooking tins, DVDs - you name it! No extra charge.
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, boats? Really?? That's not a bag, it's a Tardis.
snow conditions
Lizzard wrote:
This does, as long as you buy it long enough to take the skis: http://eu.dakine.com/p/snowboard/board-bags/mens/tour

You won't fit both pairs of boots into it as well though.

Thanks for that but looks like the biggest they do is 175cm. Thats the problem I keep finding they're all a few centimeters too small. hopefully Ill find something suitable at the ski show this weekend but if not Im going to have to stick some bindings on one of my smaller pairs of skis and not take the motherships Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Medlington I may have what you need in london If interested and wish to pm for a ph no
They are in storage but from memory 165,180 and 185cm wheeled bags all good quality.
Most have a secret /deck sleave in the bottom.

I used to travel very heavy some are like new some used, all will take longer than stated.
One of the 180 or the rare 185 would probably work well for your needs as the weight is alot easier with wheels and internal tie down straps.
Some have snap release boot bags inside which is a very handy generally the good types have more features
like better padding and zips you can padlock etc
snow conditions
I have had issues with Easyjet on the return only in Geneva. The people on check in there I'm pretty certain do not work directly for Easyjet, and seemingly dont know their policy, or didn't on this occasion. I had two sets of skis in two bags! They said they were over the weight limit. In other words never underestimate the chance that someone has had a bad day, dont know what they are doing, or simply enjoy giving grief. I refused point blank to pay extra as asked, and eventually due to the immense que behind perhaps - they relented. Not pleasant though. Not something I would want to repeat with an Irish airline, - dont think common sense would prevail.
snow report
twoodwar wrote:
I have had issues with Easyjet on the return only in Geneva. The people on check in there I'm pretty certain do not work directly for Easyjet, and seemingly dont know their policy, or didn't on this occasion. I had two sets of skis in two bags! They said they were over the weight limit. In other words never underestimate the chance that someone has had a bad day, dont know what they are doing, or simply enjoy giving grief. I refused point blank to pay extra as asked, and eventually due to the immense que behind perhaps - they relented. Not pleasant though. Not something I would want to repeat with an Irish airline, - dont think common sense would prevail.

And never underestimate the Swiss propensity for relieving you of your hard earned Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy