Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

OT: website showing all possible destinations from UK airports?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Guys,

Does anyone know of a website that details everywhere you can fly to (and with whom) from UK airports. I know Whichbudget.com and it is very useful, but I could really do with this covering all airlines. I’m particularly interested in Destinations out of Edinburgh just now.

Cheers
Adam
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't know of one, but there might well be one. What I usually do is go to each airport's website and check the 'arrivals' or 'departures' schedule, which will list the flight numbers and indicate which airlines use the place.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Adam,
Not sure about one for all airports, but if you go here:
http://www.edinburghairport.com

Then click on "flight information"
Then "destinations and airlines"
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's not quite what you're looking for, but http://www.skyscanner.net/ might be useful?

Perhaps we could keep track of all the ski-related routes ourselves? There's already a useful sticky thread in the 'Trips' section of snowHeads which has lots of useful links. Perhaps we could add a different thread which kept track of all the different lo-cost roustes that are springing up from regional airports?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith, Wear The Fox Hat, yeah I've been hoking through the baa website for edinburgh - its still a real hassle. Its a shame that whichbudget didn't just do everything as its very straight forward and easy to use.

On another point some of these so-called budget airlines are anything but. I'm looking at flights to scandinavia out of edinburgh and the first 'budget airline' was quoting a low web fare of 330euro each way!?!?! cheap as chips or what!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Adam Holt, "Budget" airlines seem (well, Queasyjet does anyway) to operate on the premise that their target clients are simply too stupid to shop around. Shoppers assumption being that Easyjet has to be cheaper, "cos', it's Easyjet, innit"

LON-GVA on Queasy typically £300 odd for weekend trips over winter while BA and Swiss were selling comparable flights for £120. Last winter a similar picture was observed (if you were looking).

Queasy used to have a policy that they wouldn't be any more than 2/3rds of the most expensive equivalent fare. That may still be the case but only if the "equivalent" is club class. I suppose they could justify on the argument that Queasy let you change flights, but still...

Edinburgh admittedly a bit tricky though. I used to fly Air UK/KLM through Amsterdam...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Murdoch, with one exception, BA have been about the same price or cheaper than Easyjet everytime I've booked for the forthcoming season. Easyjet from Luton are cheaper than BA from Gatwick/Heathrow, but once I add the cost of parking at Luton it's still cheaper to fly with BA (I don't need to pay for parking at LHR). I'll continue to check Easyjet's prices, but if this season is going to be typical I doubt I'll book that often with them.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BA make me go via Gatwick or Heathrow from up here, reason enough not to use them. I can go via Brussels, Schipol or CDG instead.
snow report
 brian
brian
Adam Holt, http://www.sterlingticket.com/en/forside_en

This mob do a few EDI->Scandic places.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just come across this site. It may answer your questions.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Elizabeth B, how about reposting into the Travel Resources sticky topic in Trips. At first sight, that site is quite a find.

<<< EDIT - great minds ....... I see you've just done it. Cheers >>>
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the link, it's very useful. Unfortunately Chambery airport isn't included - wonder why?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
Thanks for the link, it's very useful. Unfortunately Chambery airport isn't included - wonder why?

Oops - found it. It is listed, it's just me that's stupid.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy