Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne, New Year Trip, Luxury Catered Accomodation, we're going as we are....

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks to everyone who enquired, we've decided to close the trip with one space empty, too soon now to get flights et. at a reasonable price.

Bon Ski!

snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 10-12-12 15:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bumped back onto the first page.....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bump again, if there's something putting people off please let me know.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whats the age range of the group? I'm a 48 year old male looking for some New Years skiing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
borjh wrote:
Whats the age range of the group? I'm a 48 year old male looking for some New Years skiing.

we're a mixed group, oldest mid 40's, youngest early 30's, all are welcome, we just gerenally find "good" people, if you know what I mean, if you love to Ski and enjoy a decent meal with good wine I can assure you'll enjoy.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi does that include Flight?

Beer and Schnapps?

I would be interested I work in London if you were ever doing a meet up. I need to sort something out in the next few weeks, looking at UCPA if nothing else

Oh I board (beginner ish) and can also ski (beginner ish), jack of all master of none

Cheers Pete
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi,

Am guessing the price of £800 doesn't include lift pass? Or as Pete asks flights and transfers? Do have an idea of the costs for lift pass etc?

Many thanks,

Matt
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MattyAllen wrote:
Hi,

Am guessing the price of £800 doesn't include lift pass? Or as Pete asks flights and transfers? Do have an idea of the costs for lift pass etc?

Many thanks,

Matt

That price is just catered accommodation, no flights or passes, ski hire etc.

Depends which pass you get, we get the full Paradiski Discovery, but we're all at least intermediate so can make use of it, €280 for 6 days.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
^^
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
And each man to himself to arrange a transfer? Or do you have flights all booked up for the same arrival time/destination?

Flights 200-300
Transfer 100
Pass 230
Booze 200

All in its going to be about £,1500?

Looks a lovely place but think I still have to decide on a luxury NYE or two ski holidays in sleeping in a sh*thole!

I normally go for the latter but I always swear I'll do a proper ski holiday with a fire and decent food one day...Im already going again with Breakoutski (£350 Tignes, coach, lift pass, scummy bunk bed) in Jan
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PistePete wrote:
And each man to himself to arrange a transfer? Or do you have flights all booked up for the same arrival time/destination?

Flights 200-300
Transfer 100
Pass 230
Booze 200

All in its going to be about £,1500?

Looks a lovely place but think I still have to decide on a luxury NYE or two ski holidays in sleeping in a sh*thole!

I normally go for the latter but I always swear I'll do a proper ski holiday with a fire and decent food one day...Im already going again with Breakoutski (£350 Tignes, coach, lift pass, scummy bunk bed) in Jan

We're going out on Dec 21st and stopping off in the Champagne region, then to tignes until Dec 29th and then La Plagne until Jan 5th, others are coming out at various points that week, so yes, transfers and flights etc. are down to the individual, I think we're picking someone up from Bour on the 29th as they are getting the Eurostar.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bump
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi, have found this posting now so no need to reply to my question on our posting. Your trip sounds great. I'll speak to my friend, we'll check out some flights and, fingers crossed... Karen
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
^^^^^
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi again,
I'm afraid it's not quite worked out for us this year to join your group. But, we are now going to be in La Plagne that week and if we happen to spot your place, we might just knock on the door and say 'hi'. Perhaps then we could be better organised, get some early flights that work for us and join you another year.
Hope you have a great ski. Can't wait!
Karen
snow report
Hi Standee, this sounds good for me! I'm male, early 40's, good skier, happy to go with the flow etc.

I just sent you a msg, so please drop me a line when you have a minute.

Thanks!
latest report
Folks;
Am being useless at keeping up with email, will reply today.

Looks like we have a guy and a girl interested, which would leave a double room available....looking to get this full by the end of the month if possible.
latest report
Hi
If you still have space, I'm definitely interested in your trip.Will drop you a message.

Robin
ski holidays
Standee,
As per my message ,I'm interested in your trip - 49 yr old intermediate skier, happy being out early, ski any reasonable challenges and find a good place for an après beer of an afternoon.
I'm based in Cambridgehsire, so will try & fly from Stansted.

So if you still have room, how do we sort out the details?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Robin
snow report
double available, or mixed share, or same share still available
snow report
Hi Everyone, (i recomend reading the following in the voice of Morgan Freeman, I dont sound like him but it makes me seem more dynamic!)

I'm Nigel (or Nico) and I've been intending to write to this thread for some time however work commitments have been well and truly in the way! Anyway I'm one of the members of the group and wanted to assure anyone that despite Martin being the only member currently to post here we are really a social group. We actually Met Martin (standee) and another member (Jo) from a thread very like this several years ago and we havent been able to get ri... I mean we have been good friends since!

This trip will be a great one. The group is mixed interms of age, ability etc but all share a common passion for the mountains! We are likely to be "out of the way" a bit more next year etc and so this is one last (for a while) trip to live it up in the heart of things absent of childeren or worris about mortgages. La Plagne is a great region for the intermediate and conditions are pretty much a sure thing since its so high its always good early or late on in the season. Its very close to a few airports but dont consider Chambery as weather causes problems there too often. Personally if your close enough to gatwick I'd recomend Lyon as its almost half as busy as geneva, flights are cheaper and its exactly the same distance to La plagne. Another option is the Euro star, if you take that you will get 2 extra days skiing out of the trip and be travelling through the night which is awesome. For anyone wishing to do this the chalet has comunal showers and changing rooms in the pool area for the periods when we dont have the chalet.

I'll be driving down to tignes on boxing day with my partner Sonia and another couple (phil and Tracey) I'll be taking 2 snowboards on the roof and would be able to take another 2 pairs of ski's or 2 more boards on the carrier should anyone have their own equipment and want to save hassle of flying with it!

If you take the Euro star its likely we can arrange to collect you from Bourge St Maurice as its only a short hop away by car.

La Plagne is part of Paradiski (for those who dont already know) and over the hill from Champagny en Vanoise. Paradiski is made up of these areas plus Les Arcs and there are 3 pass types available. (in order of price)

1) La Plagne (la plagne and Champagny)
2) Paradiski discovery (as above with 1 day in les arcs)
3) Paradiski Entire (infinite everywhere)

It should be noted that I once purchased the entire and then spent one day over in paradiski. I've since purchased discovery (on 3 trips) and never used the les arcs pass! that said I intend to make a pilgrimage to the les arcs glacier again and view the ice cave plus play on the runs there. There are still many runs for me to explore on the la plagne side which I've yet to try due to weather closure or the old "lets do that last one again!!!"

As far as skills we are a mixed group with the best of the skiers being Phil who trains and ski's in the army down to liam who can make his way easily round the mountain and clock up some speed but occasionally becomes fuddled with the gin from the night before! Many of the girls like to push the limits and some prefer to glide about stopping for the occasional Vin Chaud or champagne!. Ski season is pretty much the only time you will ever see me the first up and the last to bed. I like to get up, get out the door and hit the slopes, as does phil (being a military man) and martin (standee) is never usually too far behind (because I've pinched his hip flask). I expect we will break out in to groups depending what kind of things people want to do and will ski in a group and meet up accordingly in mornings or afternoons etc

NYE - For the last few years we have frequented the fire mix party in Tignes Le Lac and its been great however there is always difficulty with transport etc so this time I wanted to try La nuit La Pom Pom Rouge in Plagne Belcotte and we can get there on the bubble lift and come back on the same until about 2am so really looking forward to it.

Belle Plagne has a variety of bars etc and a good night life and the lifts run till late so you can nip to another village (or head there directly from the piste and still get home!. We are truly ski in ski out as we can go up or down from our chalet and ski away from the door step the moment you have strapped yourself in!

so for evenings there is plenty to do, food is paid for in the price so only likely to be one night eating out (staff night off) and wine is included also. I'll be stopping off in Reims or someplace else to grab some champagne bulk on the way down so happy to take orders for the group. After the food the choice will be to head out locally, drive a bit (depending on numbers wanting to come) or stay in and party or chill out. I'm the resident gadget freak and will be well stocked with projectors an xbox/ rockband allowing for a party or rest and watch a movie.

I'll do my best to be more active on here and help martin answer any questions and hopefully not scare anyone off with me babbly (I've had my coffee fix today!) but essentially our aim is to fill the rooms with like minded people looking for a fun trip and hopefully add to our growing list of friends!

hope to hear from you soon

Nico
snow report
wow can I talk !!!...

On another note, I'm not yet sure who has been in direct contact with martin or who has only posted here, feel free to IM me to take the burden off martin and I'll do my best to help with any questions. I can also try to help out with organising stuff if you let me know your plans for flights trains and transfers etc.
snow conditions
one last thing today (I promise!)

many of the group are spread over the UK and one from wales and a few of us travel with work frequently so for anyone coming along we would aim to meet up for a few beers one evening, lunch or even just a coffee stop so you dont feel like a stranger when the time comes.

Additionall (technically this is one more thing but its the same post!) we take a few go pro camera's with us as they are easy to pass around, dont require any skill to use or to make you look good on the slopes and make for a fun short video to remember the fun times. for anyone interested the links below are to my youtube page showing the last trip to Samoens although this was an all male group and only 3 of the people on the video are coming on NYE (so was less organised but we didnt get lost Happy ) which we will be repeating in March. Choose 720p and make sure you have sound on!

Main Video

http://youtube.com/v/xc7kuKrZBrY

Trailer Video for above:

http://youtube.com/v/RMBu7mJZM5U

I do have video from the NYE group but the music I used resulted in it getting blocked on Youtube due to rights.

This video is from Tignes 2009/2010 NYE and shows us on the public video exactly 35 seconds in where the camera man asked us to shout at the camera.

http://youtube.com/v/Ch3Kg5jaYUQ

This is where we will be this year on nYE

http://youtube.com/v/ldK7yz4ZcuM

Generally by (optional) tradition we dress up fancy dress on new years day and ski as a group all day. NYE we often wear silly hats etc . This year we were planning much the same, its by no means mandatory and we usually come prepared with more hats n bits than we really need. New years day we have said general fancy dress rather than a theme as before (we have done super hero's and snow white and the 7 dwarfs etc).
ski holidays
^^^
ski holidays
mr_nico_1977 wrote:

If you take the Euro star its likely we can arrange to collect you from Bourge St Maurice as its only a short hop away by car.

For anyone thinking about getting the snow train - I'm pretty sure it stops in Aime on the way out (you do have to get it from Bourg St Maurice to go home though). I'm not 100% sure but worth looking as Aime is at the bottom of the 'hill' so closer Very Happy

And another post with positives for La Plagne at new year. This will be my third NYE there and I love it Smile

I'm in 1800 but would be nice to meet up if you guys fancy?
snow report
Be great to meet up, PM me and we can sort it!
latest report
sounds like a good plan, think we will be using gps tracking on ski tracks or some other app on phone too. Will you be going out for the NYE party ?
snow report
mr_nico_1977 wrote:
sounds like a good plan, think we will be using gps tracking on ski tracks or some other app on phone too. Will you be going out for the NYE party ?

I have no GPS stuff. I tend to go out and hope I remembered my piste map!!! I will probably go to the party - there's stuff on in 1800 (usually) but fireworks at Bellecote is usually more fun!!! Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I usually find my way about by map but going to try the find my buddy type app on the phone this time and see how it fares (no doubt will end up loosing or dropping phone from a ski lift Happy )

been looking forward to the Pom Pom night for some time, as the fire mix part in tignes is great and this is supposed to be on the same scale. Going to probably be dressed up for fun and glowing so shouldnt be too hard to spot and I'm 6 foot 5 when sober and standing up too!
ski holidays
still definitely a single space available, possibly a double depending on confirmation etc.

S
snow report
we have one single (female) space available........
snow report
mr_nico_1977 wrote:
I usually find my way about by map but going to try the find my buddy type app on the phone this time and see how it fares (no doubt will end up loosing or dropping phone from a ski lift Happy )

been looking forward to the Pom Pom night for some time, as the fire mix part in tignes is great and this is supposed to be on the same scale. Going to probably be dressed up for fun and glowing so shouldnt be too hard to spot and I'm 6 foot 5 when sober and standing up too!

PMSL!!!!!!!! LOL Like that. I may well dress up too (depends what time I finish work) - will probably recycle the Christmas Pudding outfit (or Christmas Tree!! LOL )

Will get in touch when I'm there and hopefully meet up before NYE!
snow conditions
still got a space for a single if anyone is looking
snow conditions
^^
latest report
^^ space available for one^^ (boy or girl)
latest report
OK, so three fellow snowHead are joining us (looking forward to meeting them soon), one space left, which I'd like to sort by the end of the week, so if anyone is interested please drop me a PM or reply.

And wherever you're going, whoever you're going with Bon Ski and Bon Anne to everyone

Very Happy
snow conditions
still one space folks
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy