Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens cheaper places and Trip Advisor

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at Val T for ½ term 2013

Stayed in Temples du Soleil a couple of years back and it was fine. Have also been looking at Altineige, Cheval Blanc and Olympiades for 2013
but reviews on Trip Advisor are awefull. Has anyone been there at Feb half term and found them to beit OK.

I am suspicious that a lot of reports are outside school holidays and therefore there are more groups of late teens/20's who enjoy to party.

Doesn't bother me, but gotta keep the management happy wink

ta
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I stayed in Temples du Soleil a couple of times at Easter in the early 2000's before the renovation. I thought it was a fair deal. I also read their recent tripadvisorcomments however and it really seems like things are getting out of hand in some weeks there...

I tried le Cheval Blanc once, about 5 years ago, also at Easter. It's just like any other French apartment: cheap, okay, value for money, not large but perfectly feasible. In fact, I've booked it again for the first week of February 2013 wink

In more recent years I've stayed a couple of times in Les Olympiades. I feel like they're all budget but especially Cheval Blanc and Olympiades are most definitely okay. They're just small apartments, perfect for skiing but without any luxury. I've never really been bothered by noise, which seems to be one of the biggest problems in the reviews. I hope it stays that way next feb!

Half term is sure to be busier than Easter, but they're still both major school holidays so I guess you could compare them. Hope this helps a little ! x
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have stayed in Cheval Blanc, not at half term though, in early January, so you might just want to ignore me... Lots of students were there when we were, I mean LOTS. Off the Piste book a lot of the rooms out, for example.

Room itself was fine, perfectly serviceable anyway. For the price you can't really complain.

I'm also with JulieAimeLeSki, not sure what the people are whingeing about noise are on about, we found the reception people were pretty proactive at shutting down people being noisy (including us on one occasion, even though we weren't being particularly noisy at the time - just chatting with another group in the corridor around 11pm).

Maybe we were just lucky, but I should imagine it would be completely fine with no students about.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
To avoid students in Temples de Soleil book the Machu Pichu blocks. A concerted effort is being made at segregating students from regular customers. These blocks are also the recently renovated blocks so its a better experience anyway. Students are mostly being accommodated in Nasco and Cusco blocks. To make this easier the Machu Pichu blocks have been renamed (funnily enough...) Machu Pichu. Temples de Soleil now only comprises Nasco and Cusco and is only available via Tour Operators - mainly the ones who facilitate big groups of students! For an even more comfortable stay book Le Tikal.

During UK Feb holidays the students will mostly be from BE, NL and DK. Not that they are any better behaved than our own British little angels. Students are equally likely to be present on any week of the season as European university holidays pretty much have someone off on any given week. And extra security and cleaning is employed to control the students however their anti social antics can sometimes escape the eyes of officialdom and stretch cleaners to the limit.

Pre X-mas, Jan, March + Easter will have big groups of UK students in Nasco/Cusco.

I would be interested to know how the segregating effort pans out so feel free to PM me with any feedback past or present.

Thanks
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for all the info.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy