Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo american trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of having a trip to either America or Canada early March next year. Colorado seems favourite at the moment, flying into Denver, as Icelandair claim to be flying from Glasgow at a reasonable rate. Anyone done a solo trip ? TOs all seem to want groups of 4 or charge silly single premia.

Any advice or tips welcomed.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi deerman,

I've travelled to Whistler a couple of times solo and found that the DIY approach is the cheapest. If you're not completely set on Colorado then that may be another option?

BA from Glasgow to Vancouver via LHR doesn't seem too bad (£800) and in line with what I've paid in the last few years. There may be other options with KLM or Air Canada.

Transfer Bus here:

http://www.pacificcoach.com/Bus-Coach-Travel/YVR-Whistler-Skylynx/YVR-to-Whistler

Apartments to be found here:

http://www.alluradirect.com/whistler/

And there's discounted lift tickets if you book them before November 15th.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Budget is King.

Going to NA solo can be an expensive undertaking, Europe makes more 'sense'.

I've been out to Ca three times solo, and the ONLY way it was possible, for me, was a fire sale TO booking, or entertaining an 'underrated' destination. It always worked out.

Good luck.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Book last minute with a TO; the single supplement is usually less than the last minute discount so you still save overall. There's plenty of resort options for Colorado so should work out. It's a few years ago but I booked on a Wednesday to leave Saturday to Aspen and ended up with an entire floor of a condo/chalet to myself Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy