Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hahnenkamm 1981

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Here's a great piece of nostalgia from over 30 years ago. It includes Ingemar Stenmark's only (I think) DH and a great crash from our own Konrad Bartelski (50:19). Many of the greats in this race. Note the lack of layers of netting, crash barriers, blue lines, smooth track. How about bailing out at 75mph heading straight for the wooden fence and the crowd? Seriously, I know those guys didn't know any better, but it took some huge kahoonas to attack The Streif like they did. Winning time only 6 seconds outside the 2011 time from Cuche (start hut and finish line in same place as today. A few tweaks to the course but, basically, the same course). Bearing in mind the lower level tech back then, the state of the course and generally the more amateur approach, mucho mucho respect. Enjoy.

http://youtube.com/v/EmeZ23aOQHw#at=3054
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a great reminder of how tough it was back then. I've watched that footage a few times in the past. Some of the crashes from 30 up are quiet horrendous.

Anyone watching that notice how many Racers were 'A' Framing? Gliding on their inside edges... down to boot alignment?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy