Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Freestyle ski schools in Dolomites? (or elsewhere)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,
Looks like it's going to be the Dolomites, Val Gardena this year most probably. For a few years now I am looking into freestyle skiing more and more. I can ski switch, do a basic 180, but that's about it. This I have learned by trial and error (I'm not afraid to fall:)) But I'd love to have a professional train me a bit. Therefore I was wondering if there are any ski schools there offering courses of freestyle skiing? I know there are such courses in France, I've seen schools advertising them but never tried it. So I would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've seen instructors doing freestyle lessons in the park in Plan de Gralba.
I haven't used these guys but it sounds like this could be what you are looking for: http://scuolasciselva.com/en/lezioni-private-new-school-freeride.asp
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We went last year, and some people from our chalet went on an off piste freestyle afternoon organised by the tour op, doing jumps and spins in and around the freestyle park, so I would go into one of the ski school shops, and ask, one of them ran the course for Crystal.

http://www.val-gardena.com/en/ski-schools-and-ski-guiding/page23.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
victoriac, Yep, and ask for either Michele Andrich or Simon Demez. My lad has trained with both, they're top guys. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What sort of freestyle do you want to do - moguls, jumps in park/pipe, ski cross etc? You can get training at virtually any dry slope or snowdome in Britain and be ready for your holiday. Best to train jumps on a trampoline first as it hurts less and causes less bruises than falling on snow.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gman_lt, Forgot to mention - there's an airbag in the Belvedere park (above Canazei) brilliant for practising your backflips Very Happy with a nice soft landing! Anyone can use it as long as you're wearing a helmet.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
victoriac,

About time. wink

Arrived too early (Dec) for the last couple of years for the park.

Moaning from our teenage kids. Confused
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy