Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel/Gasthof Post St. Johann in Tirol, views opinions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There are a few deals for this place. However, it's sold as a hotel but appears on google maps as a gasthof and oddly IME doesn't have a web site. Tripadvisor (which I don't have much faith in) gives conflicting views as ever. So is it a big old family run place that's been the same for ages or a cheap as chips flog hols to the tour ops type? Something doesn't add up to me. Any info appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HutToHut, If it the Gasthof I'm thinking of, then it is a traditional Tirolian hotel and has a long tradition of providing hospitality. The fact it does not have a web site probably means it does not feel it needs one.

The term Gasthof means many things and can be liberally interpreted in general it is the local term for hotel and not a grade as such. I've stayed in Gasthöfe that have been really basic and I've stayed in ones that would put many 4-star international hotels in the shade.

As for trip advisor, perhaps reading between the lines, the overall impression is of a friendly, traditional family run hotel offering typical Tirolian hospitality. The one or two negative comments seem to be by people who perhaps want all the kitsch but none of the quirks. Many bathrooms in continental hotels have no windows and the concept of light airy ones seems much more modern than most of these buildings. Of the places I've stayed in I'd have to say a window in the bathroom is the exception rather than the rule!

It is a beautiful building covered in wall paintings on the outside and lots of traditional hand-painted furniture inside. It looks like it may have been refurbished recently from the pictures on Booking.com

Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. Not bothered by the hotel/gasthof distinction (stayed in both), just the inconsistancy and lack of website is a little offputting. Can't think of any other Austrian accom. that didn't have a website. Tripadvisor is a last resort for info as their reviews bear no resemblance to the places we've been. Hadn't thought of looking at booking.com or tiscover. Looks like the sort of place we like. More research needed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Found it!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi
I have stayed at the post three times and had no complaints, all the staff are friendly and helpful the owner is very good and will help you with anything, the hotel is a typical Austrian accommodation with very good food, clean and comfortable rooms and lounge.

The location is great just a two a minute walk to the bottom of the ski run and only four or five more to the gondola and the town centre is also only a short distance away.

Personally I would recommend it to anyone.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy