Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help with design

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heres the thing guys.

Usually airbrush cars, trucks, motorcycles helmets etc.... Been given a ski helmet to airbrush. Not sure whatt is cool and what is not in the snow world.

Anyy suggestions?

Jeff
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Graphic designer skier here. I think you need a brief from your client. There are a lot of different styles in the ski industry as far as graphics go. Clean, smooth, light, dark, grungy, flowery, modern, retro, phsyco, etc etc.

Have a look on the Ellis Brigham website for a quick look at various ski graphic designs and snowboard designs and you'll see what I mean. You need to find out what the client wants before anything I'd think.

Welcome to snowheads.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd be interested in getting my helmet done but I'd always thought that applying anything after purchase like stickers or paint was a no, no as it could reduces the effectiveness of the lid in an impact?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For a man, about ten years' ago you saw 'flame' designs that now look completely naff. Flouros and primaries are in now, and a fade from one to another might work. I am afraid the only 'bold' designs which look good are geometrics - like different thin, wrap around rectangles on a black or white ground.

For a woman there's damien hurst polka dots (not much creativity there for you) but variation on hibiscus flowers seems to be big in skiing at the moment.

But for both male a female, one thing to do is take a cue from ski graphics - look at scott and movement on the snow and rock website. Top sheets and bases are worth looking at.

Cool makes which have interesting graphics are Scott, Movement, Line, and mainstream brands like K2, salomon and volkl.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 21-10-12 21:27; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Atomic have a line of women's skis at the moment with very cool graphics too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys... Food for thought there!

"I'd be interested in getting my helmet done but I'd always thought that applying anything after purchase like stickers or paint was a no, no as it could reduces the effectiveness of the lid in an impact?"

That has often come up in discussions. I use a waterbased sealer primer, then my design is all waterbased paint. After that I use a standard uro clear coat. The waterbased coats act as a barrier between the Uro and the helmet material.

Do NOT use spray cand yo paint those helmets if you use them for protection. Tey will soften and fail.

Stickers? Well the maufactures use them. To be safe, use vinyl that uses waterbased adhesive.

I am not a skier.... I should though. I live amongst a lot of ski resorts, and have a free slopes pass for one of them. Always got my thrills surfing. But now I have moved here. It is a long way from the ocean.

Thanks again.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy