Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz 8th April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to take the family on our first ski holiday (girls have first ski lesson next week at rossendale, don't know who is more excited them or me!!!) next April, can anyone give me a heads up on what the snow conditions are likely to be like.

regards

J snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JasonW, Impossible to predict with any confidence, probably hard and crunchy in the morning, so don't start till 10h00ish, softening rapidly, mushy on south facing slopes at least by mid afternoon.

One of my favourite times of year tbh, relaxed, generally warm and sunny (in a snowy sort of way), definitely oriented around late starts, late lunches on terrasses. Oh and lots of slushy bumps and corn snow. Yum.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JasonW, Brilliant time in Avoriaz. Most things (if not all will be open) and should have some lovely weather
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Jason

You should have no problems with Avoriaz for those dates or any other dates, in the 7 years I have been in the PDS area Avoriaz has always been open with fantastic snow, April skiing is great, warm long days and generally you will get some fresh snow. If its anything like last year there will be stacks of snow. Also places like Chatel really hold up well with brilliant snow conditions.

Remember Avoriaz and the other resorts have a very good snow record due to it position inbetween Lake Geneva and Mont Blanc, plus we do not need stacks of snow to cover our pistes as they sit on pasture land, so 40 cm is enough.

Enjoy

Paolo
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JasonW, will be a great first time for you all, the girls will love it. Try and include a visit to Morzine down in the valley, lovely town for a stroll round, and the Lac de Montriond in the afternoon for a walk and a cuppa hot chocolate at one of the restaurants, stunning views. try the new Aquariaz water center in Avoriaz too, good fun for a family afternoon session.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Looking to book with a company called lagrange, the do self catering apartments/chalets in france, they want £400 for 7 nights in april for an apartment that sleeps 4. Has anyone ever heard of these plus I am not defo on going to Avoriaz so if anyone has any other ideas, we are looking to fly into Geneva around 8th April for 5/6 nights. 2 x adults plus 2 x children.
Thanks on advance.

J snowHead

Ps girls are hooked on skiing after only 2 lessons wink wink wink wink wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy