Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where can I find floodlit skiing near Geneva (within 90 minute drive)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a resort with floodlit skiing within a 90 minute drive of Geneva airport. I've got a 3 day break and want to make the most of it.

Any suggestions greatfully received.

Floodlit skiing every night required - not just 1 night

Thanks!

Simon
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
simonsach, no idea re every night, but the night skiing I know of (Morzine, Chamonix) is very limited - i.e. one short piste.

I'm not quite sure what the attraction would be... it would seem to me that other criteria would be more important. And if you're skiing 08h30 till 16h30 hard, I'd have thought beers would be more appropriate!! snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fly to Salzburg or munich and go to soll or hinterglemm. I don't think the French are really into to night skiing, though I could be wrong.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I'm not quite sure what the attraction would be... it would seem to me that other criteria would be more important.

+1. Les Saisies has a floodlit piste, but it's just a short run, served by a drag. I think it's open every evening, these days but it's a strange criterion for choosing a ski resort.

Chamonix would seem the obvious resort choice, for a 3 day break for a keen skier, easy to reach from Geneva. Enough skiing to wear you out completely by 1630. If you want more challenge, and to make best use of your time, take a guide or join a guided group? Also more choice for a 3 day break - many French resorts are not well geared up for that arrangement. Les Saisies isn't, for a start.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
les carroz has timalets floodlit 2 nights a week in high season, once a week in low, served by the drag at the side, and the bus service runs, but if you stayed at the milk hotel its at the base of timalets

but why????.....its bloody cold skiing at night, i do it once a yaer...and usually wish i had not!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Courchevel 1850 has a floodlit session every week (wednesday night) on the Verdons piste/park I think. Doesn't answer the OP's requirement but it's more info, perhaps find 3 or four locations within sensible driving distance and do a different one each day/night.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, nice to see someone is still using the singular "criterion". All those words with plurals ending in ...ia seem to be losing their singular form. In this case it's from Greek but usually Latin (bacterium/bacteria). Sounds weird to me but I'd better get used to it.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowball, +1
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowball, under a new name, I didn't think "criterion" was becoming endangered; whatever next???
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, My sanity?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi

As mentioned very few resorts offer night skiing everynight, you could ski somewhere like Portes Du Soleil, and if you have a car ski a different night in a different resort which would be covered under your PDS pass. I think Morgin you can ski on a Wed night, Chatel on a Thurs, though its only a run in Chatel , Morgin is a liitle better. Not sure about Morzine or Les gets.

Its very cold as you will know so you are brave!.

Good luck
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If the Pas de Morgins isn't open, chatel-Morgins is a rather long drive...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Freerider, this could happen, but it rarely happens, I used to live in Chatel and the Pass was generally open 99% of the time . As you know is a very short pass , wide and very well maintained bu both the French and the Swiss.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thesnowtraveller, Is it? When i lived in the PDS a loong time ago, I think it was usually closed.

Still, going to all these lengths to ski on, say, the Morzine stade just cos it's floodlit seems insane to me:-)

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sat 20-10-12 14:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hello

I Live in Chatel and for the last 7 years the pass has always been open, the only time it would be closed is when the snow ploughs stop working from around 11pm - 5 am. The night skiing in Chatel is very limited to a small straight piste serviced by a drag. The night skiing in Morgin is the piste comming down from the top of the chair lift to the town center which is quite long.

Can't speak for Morzine or Les Gets, but to be honest its very cold and I think after a days skiing the last thing you would want to do is night ski. But totally understand you want to max your skiing on the slopes, best time to ski would be March, longer days.

Regards

Paolo
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy