Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christchurch Snotrax - new proslope surface

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I wasn't sure whether to post under 'Equipment Reviews' or 'The Piste' to be honest, but I guess the surface you actually ski on can be counted as 'Equipment'.

Anyway, I've been to Snotrax at Christchurch a couple of times over the past 3 years, but last Saturday I went again to try out the new 'proslope' surface that was installed just under a year ago. I have to say how impressed I was with the facility. It didn't take long to get used to the surface, which was largely dry due to the good weather in the south last weekend, although the sprinklers kept the plastic a little more slippy in places. Snotrax previously hosted a Dendix slope (still in evidence on the smaller Kids slope), which I found to be adequate but very unforgiving if you fell on it as I discovered when I suffered a bruised rib 3 years ago. Despite the proslope being a lot softer, it wasn't overly spongy and I was able to get good edge and purchase, with good quick runs. i imagine it would be even better with a slight frost on it.

Being 6'3" tall, I still found the drag lifts to be a little low and uncomfortable at the side, but sussed out a bearable 'travel position' after a couple of ascents. I think the good weather made for good business on Saturday, but I was there over lunchtime so the slope wasn't overly crowded - unlike the bar and restaurant. All in all, I'd recommend it for a visit, although an hour is more than enough time to do all you need to do on it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy