Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2012/2013: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
About 1699m
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Woo hoo, travel/accomodation all sorted and will be in 1650 on 16th March. Cant wait to watch this thread all week and get over the top excited.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Sunshine81,
Hitting the 3v same week. Staying at Brides. Looks like snow next week, so should be perfect for us!
Look out for my Snowheads ski jacket with Snowheads sticker which I won in the autumn prize draw!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
looking a little better this morning .... more news later
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hmm, wasn't bad at all. About 10cm fresh on a crunchy base, getting soft in the afternoon. Overcast, with some sunny spells. Best skiing above about 2200. Quiet, with very few tracks off piste, and on-piste generally in good shape.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellent news - wish morning would hurry up so i can get out there and try it f
or myself!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sunny, blue skies this morning .....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just got back from a gentle blue cruise round Meribel and La Tania. Good snow on a hard-packed base at lower levels. I am told the snow is very good higher up, but we have not been far today. The resort is on the busy side, but no queues anywhere. Pistes are steady but not too crowded. Sun strong but only slushy below 1500 or so. Very good conditions.

snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just back from a week in Meribel. Still plenty of good snow to be found especially above 1850, 1650 and VT. Very slushy from mid day lower down but still plenty of snow around. Friday was pretty horribe with rain to quite high levels but it did not really seem to affect the snow the next day. The snow predicted for next week should freshen things up nicely. After worrying about the mild temperatures before the holiday I have to say I have had a great week and will definitely try to be less weather obsessed before next years holiday!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
lovely weather today, warm and sunny. spent most of the day off piste avoiding the potential crowds but in honesty when we did need to use lifts there were very few people waiting for lifts. The snow off piste in the tougnete, cote brun and mont vallon sectors was a mixture of chalky, crusty, wind blown, scratchy and spring snow! Very slushy runs back to La Chaudanne from 1pm onwards. Feels very spring like but not for long...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great day yesterday especially in the morning. Clouds and light snow at the moment though...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snowing until around 9am this morning, with snowline at about 1200m. Maybe 5-10cm fresh accoring to Radio Meribel (but I'm not going to get to see it for myself today). Sunshine expected this afternoon, with temperatures dropping sharply on Wednesday and more snow expected.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Very nice today. Snowed first thing and had a blast on fresh powder down Folyeres for starters. Stayed low in the morning and got to Courchevel 1850 where the snow was good and the place deserted. Looks as if the weekenders have gone home. Plenty of good snow and sunshine. Most enjoyable. Meteo France saying snow showers and sunshine next few days. That will do nicely.

snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just back from weekend in Orelle, stayed at Le Hameau des Eaux ( very small apartments lots of noisy Polish teens.)
Excellent snow conditions. Did the Combe du Caron black - memorable, plus lots of cruising reds.
Really impressed with Glacier at the top of Peclet. Starting to look forward to next year already
Sad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another excellent day here in the 3V. Spent the day in Courchevel where the snow conditons are perfect. Sun and cloud. It began to snow lightly around 3 o'clock and is still snowing lightly now. A cm or so of fresh last night got things topped up nicely. Local forecasts are for snow overnight and sun tomorrow followed by more snow. Good and getting better then.

Be aware, usual caveats apply. Elderly piste skier who likes sun and snow.
snowHead
snow report
Chris Bish, Very Happy can't beat sun and snow. I'm going for a cheeky ski in Courchevel tomorrow morning so sun and snow would do nicely snowHead
snow conditions
Its been warm for days here now. Well above freezing! higher up the snow is still in good condition but lower levels have been struggling.

We had some light snow yesterday afternoon which got heavier into the evening. By about 19:00 when I was driving in 1850 there was about 3 inches on the ground. I don't think it carried on all night as it stopping raining in Bozel (850) by about 20:00. Its freezing cold this morning though and there is frost on the ground! Temperatures are set to stay below freezing for at least a week! We have more snow forecast for tonight and tomorrow and then on and off for the next week. Looks like the snow that caused the apocalypse back in the UK is on its way here....
snow report
Lovely sunny morning with high clouds. A few cms of fresh snow and as 3VVs, said much colder. Cloud came in this afternoon and the wind has picked up. This week has felt like the quietest Paris region holiday week ever! Where is everybody?
snow report
I managed to get out today too. The weather was amazing! Glorious sunshine for most of the day but you could see the clouds further down the valley creeping up as the day went on. The clouds finally made it up mid afternoon and kept on chasing us up the mountain! Its very cloudy now and we're hoping that some more snow is on it's way!
ski holidays

Pic from today, from the top of Choucas in Meribel looking over the Belleville valley.
snow report
Snowing lightly this morning at 700m. Around 1cm has settled, and temps have dropped
latest report
Coming to courchevel 1650 April 6th. Will we get good snow conditions? A little worried x
ski holidays
FreddieTeddie wrote:
Coming to courchevel 1650 April 6th. Will we get good snow conditions? A little worried x

We are going to be in Meribel on 30th March NehNeh , so will let you know snowHead looking good so far though, with cold temps I'm sure the cannons will be blasting away snowHead
I've never been out this late before Puzzled
ski holidays
Weather report would be much appreciated thanks Laughing

I am reading that conditions stay good up higher throughout april anyway but would love a fresh dump of snow. Fingers crossed Very Happy
snow conditions
FreddieTeddie wrote:
Weather report would be much appreciated thanks Laughing

I am reading that conditions stay good up higher throughout april anyway but would love a fresh dump of snow. Fingers crossed Very Happy

No probs..... snowHead
If you look at this webcam, there is an "Historique" option where you can look at "your week" in previous years just to get an idea what it might look like, Meribel is at appx 1450m

http://livecam.meribel-alpina.com/

Although what with climate change it can vary considerably I'd imagine.
We are going to Mottaret as it's a little higher up the valley for ski-in/out hopefully. But I'd recommend 3 Valley passes to allow for possible Val Thorens visits just in case.
latest report
FreddieTeddie, franzClammer, I'm intending to still be skiing well into May, maybe even June

It's hard to predict, but conditions at the moment are great, and will probably hold up well until at least early April. The Scottish champs are on in Couch late March/early April, followed by the Brits in Méribel.

Tip for the best conditions each day - go early and go high
ski holidays
franzClammer wrote:
We are going to be in Meribel on 30th March NehNeh

Hitting up VT on the 30th for a week! Praying for the cold weather to continue and the odd sprinkle of snow between now and then!
snow conditions
Thinking of changing to VT for the week after - any tips on chalets? Tour operators?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's going to dump next week .....
latest report
It's going to dump next week .....
latest report
... but no money-back guarantee, so don't book a holiday based on this ^^
snow report
It's been snowing all day today in 3V - nearly a foot of fresh snow at resort level here in Val Thorens. Snow is to continue through the night, clearing up in the morning so looking forward to a great final day especially once it has cleared up.

Great conditions generally throughout the 3V - even the Chaudanne in Méribel is holding up better than I've seen it in previous years. If you are heading out this way in the next few weeks some great snow awaits you.
ski holidays
fantastic conditions in la tania today! losts of fresh snow right down to the village and still snowing. Poor visibility high up but in the trees lots of fun! snowHead snowHead
latest report
can someone point me in the direction of the best place to get lift passes from for the 3V?? 6 of us in total 2 adults a 14 yr old, 13 yr old, 11 yr old and an 8yr old
thanks
snow conditions
mr ted, and I agree, which is unsurprising if we are both in La Tania at present. Hit the first gondola out of LT this morning and pursued Linds down Folyeres in about 5cm of fresh powder. Wasted on me really.
Visibility was not great so I spent the day low down. Went over to Le Praz twice and found there was still untouched powder at Courchevel 1850 well into the afternoon. The wind go up later on and snow began to blow about, so I headed back then. The snow is very good everywhere and should be even better after a bash. It snowed lightly all day and is stilll doing so now. Sun promised for tomorrow, so looks promising for last day.

iskar, we got our passes through the TO Ski Beat and they gave everyone the Tribu group discount. There are offices by all main lift centres.

snowHead
snow conditions
Crying or Very sad
snow report
So cold at the top of Val Thorens today. Lots of new snow though but drifting a bit.
ski holidays
Well that was unexpected ..... at least 40cm of fresh, and in places, chest deep (really!). Best on North/east facing slopes. Sectors Tougnette, Roc de Tougne and Mt Vallon Outstanding today. In the face and over the head powder. One of the best days of the season so far.

Other than that, an average day
ski holidays
Hi, we are in les Allues and flying back tomorrow morning. Need to be at Chambery airport for 07.30. Does anybody know what the roads, especially getting off the mountain are like and how much time should we allow to travel to the airport? Much appreciated. PS For anybody coming over 3v the conditions are fantastic at present. Lots of new snow over the last few days in Meribel/Courchevel and pretty cold until sun breaks through.
snow report
Snow superb everywhere, Big snow last night in all areas has filled in everything nicely. Been over to St Martin and Courchevel. Cole and clear with the odd cloud but conditions superb. Very cold. Anyone next week should be fine, but heavy snow is forecast.

Ski Beat? Excellent. snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy