Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2012/2013: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
The snow out here at the moment is pretty awesome! last week we had some fresh snow on a few occasions, I can't remember which days though! it's bright blue skies at the moment and set to stay that way for the next few days. There is still loads of fresh powder out there to be found although I'm sure that with no snow forecast for the next few days at least, that everyone out here for half term will track it out by the end of the week Sad

fingers crossed that we might get some more snow by the end of the week to top us up! I've heard many of the locals (french villagers) saying that this is the best snow for anything between 30 and 50 years! I can't vouch for that but I can say it's probably the best I can ever remember Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Even though it is half term the queues aren't that bad and the pistes are in very good shape.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It is certainly the best conditions I've ever known in 15 years on the pistes. Still a fair few icy patches though. A bit of fresh snow looks likely at the end of the week, certainly a lot colder.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Beautiful weather at the moment, with fantastic conditions on-piste, and not particularly busy. As offpisteskiing said, it will start to get busy in Méribel from tomorrow as the World Cup begins to arrive. Many of the car parks will be closed to the public, and the Chaudanne area is getting congested already. TV crews and sponsors have started to arrive. The Grand Duc run has been closed all week, and will remain closed until next week. Choucas has been closed for training until 10am each morning. Thursday and Friday are training days, Saturday is the Downhill, and Sunday the Super-Combined.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Beautiful weather, pistes in great shape and still very empty. Didn't have to queue for a lift at all today and many restaurants seem quiet. Only place it seemed busy was La Chaudanne cos of all the world cup preparation. You can definitely feel the excitement building!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Skied over at Val Tho today and the pistes were in amazing conditions, lovely chalky snow - very flattering conditions all in all! Wall to wall sunshine again and we didn't come across any lift queues. As usual defnitiely quieter between 12 and 2 when everyone is having lunch.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It has been blue bird all week. Pistes have been in great shape. Forecast looks like snow from Saturday onwards for a couple of day's. Nothing drastic though.
Pistes have not been busy as Steph said considering it is half term. 2 years on the trot it has been quiet at half term.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jerby wrote:
It has been blue bird all week. Pistes have been in great shape. Forecast looks like snow from Saturday onwards for a couple of day's. Nothing drastic though.
Pistes have not been busy as Steph said considering it is half term. 2 years on the trot it has been quiet at half term.

Think that might be helped by the fact that every piste is open.
Personally I'm finding it a bit icy in places, some snowmaking has been helping with that on the lower slopes.
Went over to Les Menuires this morning and can cast another vote for Allemands piste on a snowboard.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cold cold cold again today after Wednesday's short taster of spring...

Pistes all good but definitely trending towards firm (not surprisingly). Some light snow forecast for the weekend according to meteofrance.
Slopes & queues generally quiet still in Courch, Meribel Chaudanne completely hectic every time I have been down there the last few days.
Top celeb sighting today was David Guetta on the table next to us in the VIP area at Folie Douce - wonder who else is about?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Brrrr feeling really coild today and the wind is blowing. Still crazy at the Chaudanne but fantastic atmosphere. Patch got on the chairlift with Julia Mancuso this morning!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looking like more snow over night from the web cams!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pmercer, yes, but very light ... a couple of cm maybe. very cold today too
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Update ... radio Méribel have Head of Piste guy on saying -20 and 5cm fresh at summit of Mont Vallon this morning. Women's Super Combined on the Roc de Fer piste today
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some action from yesterday's racing

Clockwise from top left Tina Maze, Marion Rolland, Maria Hoefl-Riesch, Julia Mancuso

latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Underestimated the new snowfall ... in places there was a good 40cm of fresh today, very light, very cold
ski holidays
That's more like it!! Out in a weeks time and starting get v excited!
latest report
I can confirm that it was bloomin' cold today. But oh! the powder was a complete surprise and so very, very light. Very few pistes were groomed this morning in the Meribel valley and Blaireau was in perfect condition for making some first tracks in knee deep powder. Great fun to be had off piste too.
ski holidays
Left for home this morning after a fabulous week in Courchevel. The snow which fell last night was the lightest and most ethereal powder, falling through chilly air. Must've been fantastic out there, if a tad on the brisk side.
ski holidays
counting down the hours now until saturday. doesn't look like there'll be much fresh snow falling for the rest of this week? but then i did get 3.5 days of boot/ knee-deep stuff 2 weeks ago in villard de lans with the family, so i really can't complain. and who knows what might happen. we've an off-piste lesson booked for tuesday morning, so it would be nice to get something fresh to play in.

must remember to bring the sun cream! bring it on Very Happy
snow conditions
felt slightly warmer today and still beautiful weather. Pistes groomed to perfection. Had the first run down Ecureil in Meribel which was in great shape. The snow offpiste is still super light or it was where I went. Seems quiet but I guess that will change on Sunday when the Paris region start their hols.
latest report
hi there, we are out in the three valleys from next sunday (10th), a couple of quick questions if i may?

How are the slopes holding up?
How busy is it expected to be?

the current forecast looks warm and wet for the coming week if i am reading rhe wigglies right??

cheers
Mr Ted
snow report
mr ted, it's still Paris school holidays, so will be pretty busy, but in such a big area you should be able to find some quieter spots.
snow conditions
hi, anyone out in the three valleys at the moment? How is the snow holding up?
cheers snowHead
ski holidays
mr ted, Very windy, very busy, so pistes getting quite "scrapped". Not bad, but certainly conditions are not what they were even only a week ago. However, possibility of more snow at the weekend. When are you coming?

Edit .... I see from your previous post you arrive on the 10th
snow conditions
Thanks Patch, fingers crossed for that snow to freshen things up, especially if the forecasted rain arrives!
ski holidays
The wigglies show unsettled weather from today, with precipitation on and off throughout the coming week. Temperatures remaining high over the next 4 or 5 days, then plummeting by about 15 degrees around the 12th of the month. The cloud came in yesterday, and today is still very overcast.
ski holidays
We are in les menuires (wed 6th march) Sad It's not great. 3 valley links have been closed 2 days in succession due to high winds. The resort is full to capacity with French half termers. Result is everybody is corralled into the resort area. Weather is warm and clammy. The forecast snow has not appeared so the snow conditions are either soft or hard pack. Lift queues are large and slopes are full of ski school classes with no room to spread out. Wish I could think of something positive to report but its slightly better than work I suppose!!
Very Happy
latest report
AnnSusan, Welcome to snowHead

Paris half-term, compounded by the 3V liaisons being closed for a couple of days ... I can imagine what a bun-fight Menuires is at the moment

Hopefully the wind will drop, giving the crowds a chance to spread out a little more over the next few days
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sun is out today, and wind seems to have dropped (at least down here at 700m). No sign of snow, but a little light rain overnight
ski holidays
AnnSusan: try La Masse. It's often much quieter than the rest of the resort, and as it's north facing may have better snow too.
snow report
Thanks for the posts...much better day today. All links open, sun is out. Took first trip over to Val Thorens...No lift queues to speak of. Snow conditions much better higher you go, lower down gets quite slushy towards the afternoon,few moguls appearing on lower green.blue slopes. Feel sorry for the beginners. Very Happy
ski holidays
kieranm wrote:
AnnSusan: try La Masse. It's often much quieter than the rest of the resort, and as it's north facing may have better snow too.

AnnSusan, ^^This. I did the same back in January, well worth a trek over to that part of 3V.
ski holidays
scubadancer, although not that much of a trek from Les Menuires wink
latest report
A hard rain's a fallin' ...... snow level around 1900m
ski holidays
Can you put umbrellas up to protect the snow please...
ski holidays
Patch wrote:
scubadancer, although not that much of a trek from Les Menuires wink

Yes, I was staying in Meribel.
snow conditions
how's the weather been out there today?
ski holidays
rain down low, snow above 1700m. visibility not great. should be better tomorrow.
latest report
steph wrote:
should be better tomorrow.

'cos all the parisians will have gone home, and the next lot won't have arrived yet
latest report
cheers, what level is the tree line?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy