Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

B3's to S3's ??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Folks,forum newbie here Madeye-Smiley
The time has come to ditch my Rossi B3s, we have seen some great times together, toured, heliskied, seen some big spills, hit many a hidden rock but survived.
Well i have but the ski's are looking worse for wear. big under scores and rips and now the bases are delaminating .. So into the skip or on the garage wall prehaps to remind me of good times Very Happy
So looking for replacements.
Something with maybe a slightly larger footprint as the B3 did tend to sink,
Rockers ?? seem like a good idea if they work as claimed.
Prefer a semi twin tip if poss,
Having used Rosignol for the last 5/6 years i feel some brand loyalty so the S3 seems ideal .
I assume the S3 is the same as older Sc98 but with rockers ?
As you may gather from my slightly 'own trumpet blowing' post i have a love for back country skiing but have to piste ski at times aswell !

Anyone have experience of the S3 or similar to share?
Thanks . Dave
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
scarbski, hi Dave, S3 is my current off-piste all rounder. I love them. Great in powder, plenty of float in deeper stuff generally (though I'm pretty light), rocker makes for very easy turning (they ski like a shorter ski on piste), good in on and off piste crud. A bit soft for charging. Can hold a clean edge on piste with a bit of technique modification (as it's on the softer side, they ski slower, so they need some counter to generate the angulation to get over outside ski on rounder turns).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I tried the Blizzard Bonafide at Hemel last week. I'd read a lot of hype about the Blizzard flipcore but it was great for a mass market ski. Unbelievably agile for a 98mm waist. If I was a buyer I'd be confident picking another width in the same range to suit.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob, would be interested to hear more about them, my trusty Big Troubles are all but done Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clarky999, Well it was the short S&R demo pair in a 173 but they were sweet and nimble in the cut up and crunk, and then would rail when there was enough space. Cochise I think is a width up and if it skis the same would be a strong allmountain contender IMV. K2 Sidestash was also quite impressive alhough the demo pair were a bit more barge length so not a like for like test. Solly Rocker2 90 a bit of a disappointment but then it was too short for me, Kung fujas worst of the lot, maybe mount was wrong for me, felt dead in comparison to the others.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for info, be nice to try a few different ski's but seems a waste of time in 'Snowdome' conditions and i didnt get much success in resorts last year.. S3's looking favourite... I think !!
Really dont want to turn up without ski's and have to track some down , maybe borrow my sons Scratch Bc' s to give me time to shop around. Or just buy a set hereand be done with.. colour is going to clash with jacket tho Cool
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Last years S3's are still on S&R in a 168 or 186
http://outlet.snowandrock.com/pws/UniqueProductKey.ice?ProductID=ROS0171G1
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy