Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Custom bootfitters in Hertfordshire.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I think I'm due some new ski boots, I've always found it hard to find ones which fit and they never feel 100% comfortable. Just wondering whether anyone can recommend a bootfitter in or around the Hertfordshire area? Also how much does is this kind of service likely to cost?

Cheers

Mark
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We are in Herts, and the closest decent fitter we could find is Colin at Solutions4feet in Bicester - less than an hour to get there, send him a note to get an appointment sorted.

Cost kind of depends on your feet, but if you give him an idea of budget when you e-mail he can do his best to work within that. But if you need expensive boots for the feet you've got, that is what he will recommend.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mark4336, lots of us on sH including myself have got boots from Colin at http://www.solutions4feet.co.uk/ He's also a snowHead ( CEM ), and often posts on boot related matters when he has the time. Lots of other instructors I know and even pro skiers also have their boots fitted by him. The other thing that I think is worth doing is going on a day when Andi McCann http://www.mccannix.com/personalising.htm is there with him. Andi works with Colin on balance and alignment and has made a real difference to my skiing. He also happens to be a BASI Trainer!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi I just posted earlier about having my new boots fitted and that's where we went. I have to say they were excellent and as you get an appointment you do not feel like you are rushed through. We thought we came far from Hertfrdshire but apparently they have customers from as far as Sweden!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski Exchange in Cambridge.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Other option is ski bartlett near uxbridge. Really depends what you want.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mark4336, I'm also in Herts and used CEM, it's a bit of a schlep, but not too far. On price, I was at the stage where I saw boots as a good long-term investment so cost wasn't the primary factor in my decision. As for getting boots that are 100% comfortable first time, good luck with that. Fitted boots will probably take a bit of time to wear in and might need some adjustment. Fortunately a good boot fitter will do those adjustments for free, I've been back to CEM for a bit of rework. As others have said it depends on what you're looking for and what sort of skiing you do. This has been discussed at length on many, many threads by people with much more knowledge and experience.

This one for example, read down a few posts to get to the informative bit: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1985374

[Edited to add link & fix a typo']
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another recommendation for Solutions 4 Feet.
Most of my coaches and athletes have their boots done by Colin.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I also got fantastic service from Colin. I spent £460 on my boots overall with custom footbeds, so you're looking in that ball park probably. The footbeds were optional but everyone seems to recommend them and I'm sure worth the £100 I spent on them.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another one for Colin Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm from Herts. and use Ski Bartlett - they're GR8
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks like I'll be booking an appointment with Colin then! Thanks all.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy