Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calling all lively old gits out there: older crowd for a chalet on the continent in Feb/Mar 2013.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiya. I want to put a group together for a catered chalet holiday in France/Italy/Austria flying from Gatwick in Feb/Mar. I’m solo this year but I still want to ski! I don’t care too much about the destination – but not Bulgaria or Andorra. There’s some nice deals out there right now for chalets, so I’m seeing if other singles/couples are interested in forming a group. Me? A 49-year-old journo and intermediate skier. Never done a black run – happy to pootle around. You? Beginner/expert, male/female, young/old, single/couple. Doesn’t matter as long as you’re friendly and don’t mind hanging out in a mixed ability group, which is inevitably what it will be. As I’ll be chilling out with a book after dinner most evenings, a quiet resort suits me, but I’ll go with the flow. I’m looking to pay around £650 a head all-in. Email me if you’re interested. We’ll see how many takers there are then see what’s available, but people must be able to move quickly when a deal comes up. No money will go through me – everyone books separately through the website involved. If that sounds like a plan to you, email me on: paul.newton@fav-house.com

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 23-10-12 16:22; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
welcome to Snowheads, newt. I see you've not had any replies, probably because in Snowhead-land old gits are a lot older than 49.

Rather than try to put your own group together, which is a headache, why not look at joining something which is already fixed up? This, for example, http://www.insideoutskiing.com/holidays/dolomites.html

I have just done a pre-season short trip to Tignes with Inside Out skiing and the vast majority of those involved were single (and many well over 49!). The coaching is first class (who says you can't be doing black runs one of these days?).

by the way, it's probably best to remove your email address, in case you get spammed. You can ask people to send you a personal message, which gets round that problem.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
newt, an old git at 49? I take it you plan to be dead by 55 then? Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't forget the ol' blue V and walker Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds like about 50% of the people you will find on a normal snowhead bash. Just sign up for the birthday bash if you want to go in feb.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Round here 49 is young.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Paul,

Am interested. Have emailed you.

Cheers,

Matty
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the replies guys.

Pam - I wasn't aware of the Dolomites trip, so I'll check it out.

And yeah, I know 49 isn't old. I just wanted to make it clear that I'd be spending my time on the slopes rather than in the bars - not that I've got anything against bars, mind. I just find it harder and harder to ski on a hangover. Hold on a minute, perhaps 49 is old...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard wrote:
newt, an old git at 49? I take it you plan to be dead by 55 then? Laughing

If he calls me an old git (I am only 48 ) he won't live to be 50 never mind 55 wink.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've emailed you Paul!
jo
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Newt
OLD GITS.... whilst 49 in some eyes namely ,<CharlieG> IS geriatric, its not for the majority of us. In fact your veritable youth may be scaring off some of a more sedate disposition..
Dont worry though Next year you can join us at the Over 50 club - usually 5 or 6 trips planned each season
You can find them at http://www.arp050skiclub.co.uk

Good luck this year!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
yes if its somewhere like teigns. and no more than £650.
Im 33 and an intermediate skier, i'm good at the skiing bit but not so good at the navigation part.

ann
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy