Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Terra Nova, La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any experience of the Hotel Terra Nova in Plagne Centre, please, either good or bad? We're considering going there this winter.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had a late deal here a couple of years ago with Crystal and thought it was really good. Ski in/out, food was good. I was there 1st week of season so it was quiet. If I could get a deal I would stay there again snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Went there a couple of years ago, about 12 of us, through Crystal Ski. I thought the hotel was good and has the benefit of true ski out/ ski in. Food was good and plentiful( mostly help yourself) and as we were on full board, we had the choice of coming back to the hotel for lunch or you could use the value of a voucher to instead "buy" sandwiches, pringles, soft drinks etc at the shop in the morning.

We found that the with the voucher, we could get more than we needed but of course no change is given so you might as well spend up to the voucher limit and save it for later in the day.

One thing I would say is that I pre booked skis at the Skiset outlet located in the basement of the hotel. They did not keep ANY of the skis advertised on the Skiset website and they wanted to palm me off with some old clunkers. I skied one day on them and hated them so went back and had a bit of an argument with the blokes behind the counter and then got some Rossignol Zenith something or other which were brilliant. If I were going again, I would use one of the other outlets who provided some of the other members of our group with the exact skis that they had choosen.

All in all a thumbs up from me and come to think of it, all of our group.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I stayed there about three years ago and thought it was just OK. The rooms were quite small and the walls were paper thin, you could hear everything in the room next to you and everything going on outside in the corridor. The food was pretty good, a mix of self service and then a 4/5 course waiter service meal a few of the nights. Location wise it was great for the slopes, but I would agree with the above about the hire shop in the basement being quite poor.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
La Plagne, flat, loads of slow lifts, horrendous queues, ugly buildings, etc etc wink
Simply fantastic skking on and off piste snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Been to Terra Nova several times. Basic rooms, but functional enough. Food good enough, easiest ski in/out I have ever found. Decent bar on site and 5 mins walk to the shopping centre if you fancy eating out or there are a couple of other bars there too.

Not pretty but exceptionally convenient IMO.

Going back there again in January Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stayed at Terra Nova January 2012 with my family and going back again January 2013. The hotel is clean, plenty of hot water, comfortable beds, reasonable size family room...had no issues with noise. Restaurant was excellent for us as a family. Plenty of choice all cooked to good standard and lots of choice. Staff were friendly and helpful.

It is as ski in/out as you will ever get. The boot/ski room is in the basement and it can be a bit of a bun fight in the mornings but as long as you're organized its manageable. I agree re above comment on Skiset in the basement. I opted for renting skis from Oxygene (only a five minute walk) for my whole family as wife and kids had lessons booked with them. Their service was first class! Skis are stored in lockable slots in the boot room at Terra Nova so you will need to take a small padlock with you. There is no secure boot storage there so we took ours back up to our room to warm by the radiator which was no big deal.

The only other negative I can recall is that there is only one lift which goes all the way down to the basement so if you are on an upper floor it can be a real pain if you have kids and stuff to carry. If I was without kids its barely worth a mention as easy enough to get the other lift to reception and walk down a flight.

I had absolutely no hesitation in re-booking Terra Nova and got a superb bargain early booking through Crystal. Wife and kids can't wait to go back there too. The exit from the basement door goes straight onto the main green nursery slope in Plagne Centre. You can gently ski down to a four man chair which will take you up the short ride to just above the main Grande Rochette Gondola lift. From there its 100yds to the ski school meeting points, Grande Rochette Gondola or Colorado chair. The lift layout is changing for this coming season at Centre and should make it a bit better, not that I ever thought is was bad in the first instance.

Alternatively you can easily avoid that green lift and pass it en route to the Bergerie lift which gives easy access across to Bellecote and Belle Plagne. Terra Nova is ideally located to access the whole ski area and there are some great tree lined runs down from Centre via 1800 etc to Montalbert. You can very easily return to Terra Nova at the end of a long day and literally coast upto the back door. We were fortunate and blessed with fantastic ski conditions this year and I highly recommend it although as you'll see from other threads its not everyones cup of tea. I love La Plagne and will probably go back time and time again.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great resort for all except possibly advanced on piste, but if that advanced you may want to be off piste anyway. Terra Nova great location: about 50m down to nearest chair. More on plagne.co.uk
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy