Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommended for (beginner) lessons - Kidsgrove Ski Centre

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Have been lurking on this forum for a few weeks now and have read a lot of useful/funny/interesting stuff (thanks everyone) - thought it was time to write something of my own!

I am learning to ski (have had a day lesson plus some tentative practice at Chill Factore in Manchester - am at the 'dodgy linked snowplough turn' kind of stage) in preparation for a trip to Alpe D'Huez in February Very Happy about which I'm very excited, but that's another story!

As I wanted to continue regular lessons/practice but minimise the cost, I started looking into cheaper dry slope options, and would recommend Kidsgrove Ski Centre (run by North Staffs Ski Club) for anyone in the area who might be interested. I signed up for 3x 1.5-hour lessons, only £35 in total, which I was told would probably be in a small group but have turned out to be private lessons - these full price at Chill Factore would be more than 10x the cost and it's a fair bit cheaper too than CF's group lessons in which there can be up to 10 people in an often very crowded beginner area! I had my first lesson yesterday evening and found it very enjoyable and informative. The slope was also a lot quieter than CF generally is so in my opinion is ideal for slightly nervous/occasionally out-of-control beginners Smile the slope is much shorter but I can't see this being a problem for people learning, and the 'Playgrass' surface seems OK and would be pretty soft to fall on. Once you reach the required recreational standard, you can pay £12 for a couple of hours there - or pay £96 to join the club, then use it as often as you like with no extra charge - it does shut in summer, though.

Obviously I'm new to all this so don't have much to compare it with - but it all seems like a good bargain to me! I'm not sure if they do lessons for people beyond the beginner stage - am hoping so for when (if?) I get to that point...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads catclaires, snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
admin, thanks! It's a great forum!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes and thanks to U too for your advice! Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
catclaires wrote:

Obviously I'm new to all this so don't have much to compare it with - but it all seems like a good bargain to me! I'm not sure if they do lessons for people beyond the beginner stage - am hoping so for when (if?) I get to that point...

Don't doubt it, you'll be at that "point" by the time you've done a week in the alps.

snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
catclaires, welcome to snowHead s
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Freddie Paellahead, thanks snowHead

Chris Wood741, Very Happy I hope so but you never know - I'm not renowned for my great sense of balance/co-ordination etc! It's all great fun though!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If anybody is in the Kidsgrove area tomorrow, I believe they are having an open day with free starter lessons throughout the day.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy