Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski insurance and equipment insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have seen one recent topic about insurance post-op for an injury, but there was no mention of an insurance to go with. I broke my patella bone in Frb this year with everything ok now, just a few trip to the physio to check all is ok. Now will I be able to get cover for my left knee?

And also which insurance will cover my ski equipment up to £500? Most only cover up to £300 and then thers a £200 excess.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AledJones, sorry mate your message has come through a bit garbled. Are you asking about insurance following an injury/operation. I would imagine if you have been given the all clear there is no issue. As long as you stick to doctors orders I can't see the prob. Others may have a different story/view.

As for ski equipment insurance. Waste of time IMV. They will only pay you what it is worth, not new for old. With the excess and hassle involved you are better off self insuring and not putting your equipment at risk.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AledJones, Chcek if your ski kit is covered on your home new for old policy, it can easily get damaged beyond repair whilst in your house .....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Layne wrote:
you are better off self insuring and not putting your equipment at risk.
Do you mean not skiing on it?
Self-insuring? What's that?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Self-insuring? What's that?

Simple sums. Let us say your skis are worth £500 and you think there is a 5% chance of them being stolen in any given year. then that is an expected loss of £25 per annum. If the insurance company quotes you more than that, which they will because they want to make a profit then provided you can can take the possible loss then you put the £25 premium to yourself in your pocket. OK sometimes you may have been careless and your skis get stolen at which point you have to cough up £500 for a replacement pair (we will ignore the fact that the insurance company would not give you this amount), but that is only going to happen about once every 20 years.

Personally I do not have ski equipment insurance, or piste closure insurance or missed departure insurance etc. But I do have health and rescue insurance because these can become very expensive.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

but that is only going to happen about once every 20 years.

- is that an actual actuarial assessment or are you just guessing? It sounds like you are saying that if you ski for 20 years there is a 100% chance of your skis getting nicked!

If you are skiing in France, the Carte Niege always seems to be the best value 'health and rescue insurance'. It also covers 'whiteout' days (although the lift operators can be very sneaky and keep just enough lifts open to make it not apply, regardless of hurricane force winds and zero visibility)

£200 excess sounds extreme for holiday insurance.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy