Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kopaonik 2013 - any advice ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

Thinking of trying something a bit different this year and going to Kopaonik in Serbia.
Has anyone been in the last 3-4 years and could tell us what is like now? Yes I know they had a civil war etc.
Looks like they have had excellent snow record over the last couple of years.

I presume I would need to fly (from London) to belgrade and then taxi from there. Any better routes and any tips to pass on?

K.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kezzy1966, that would be a super-expensive taxi ride! if you fancy an adventure, maybe look into local buses!

We went years ago - flew to Nis, with a TO, which is much closer, but maybe that's not possible now.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Unfortunately, no direct flights to Nis anymore.
Indirect is possible; you can wizz air to zurich then Montenegro airlines to Podgorica, then Montenegro airlines to Nis. Could be £230 return if booked now. Then taxi Nis to resort.
Too many transfers to make on time, too risky.

Instead car from Belgrade £200, or minbus £240 (each way).

Or possibly get train to Niz but takes 5 hours. That will probably cost £10 each and not that much difference on time ! Then taxi.

Do not really fancy a local bus. I could end up anywhere.

But when you get to resort, much cheaper living and ski pass. Looks like they have have new lifts installed.

------------------------
Just found this minibus service which I think works out at £18 return

http://www.nusbg.com/kopaonik_prevoz.html

Still need those resort tips !!!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 7-10-12 22:59; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kezzy1966, let us know how it goes. When we went, I learnt some Serbo-Croat (as it was) beforehand, just for fun really, and it was quite useful. They are probably more cosmopolitan these days.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kezzy1966, I think you would have to fly to Belgrade. Taxi would be the most expensive option, it would be at least 70cent per km and it is about 270km from Belgrade to Kopaonik. Other less expensive option would be a minibus, up to 8 passengers and it works about 45 -50 euro per person, return ticket and the cheapest is a bus, about 25 euros (return ticket). Most of Belgrade travel agencies will have their own minibuses and buses, you can book transport only. This is just 1 example... Sorry it is Serbian and last year info Sad
http://www.nusbg.com/kopaonik_prevoz.html
Last couple of years feb and march were good, avoid beg of January. Unpredictable snow wise and Serbian school holidays are the first 2 weeks in Jan, it gets really crowded.
It is really lively place, nice restaurants, cheap but there are only 45km of ski runs:(
Perhaps this might help
http://www.eng.infokop.net/news/new-ski-map-of-kopaonik.html
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Go to Austria.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or if you can get a good price to Montenegro ski Zabljak and/or Kolasin instead.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2011/jan/04/balkans-skiing-snowboarding-resorts
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Went to Kop in about 2007 and stayed at the Club A Hotel. Nothing too challenging but great if you have any beginners in your group.

Really interesting village and certainly different from the normal Alpine resorts but in a good way. Not sure I'd go back unless is was looking for a cheap few days away if the flights to Nis were restarted
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well, after the £37 return flights came up, it seems I'm heading out in a few weeks time.

Anyone been to Kapaonik recently with advice on the place? My local mates haven't been there for about 5 years, and apparently a lot has changed in that time, the amount of accommodation has certainly increased and I'm assuming restaurants and bars will have changed quite a bit too.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Digger the dinosaur, will be very interesting to hear how you get on.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Digger the dinosaur, watch out for the NATO cluster bombs offpiste!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy