Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes & Val d'Isere 2012/13

Poster: A snowHead
This thread's dropped off a bit... what's going on in Tignes? Is Stewart Woodward around yet?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think we are all waiting for the snow to arrive. Looks like later today or tomorrow. Possibly 20cm at mid levels. Talked to Jill from the Alpaka on Wednesday on the phone . It was a balmy 16C in Le Lac at the time. Lets hope this lot sticks at least to 2500m
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mark1863, yeah, I've seen nothing but sunny terraces and glasses of rosé on facebook! Fingers crossed for anyone heading out there soon .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rorie wrote:
This thread's dropped off a bit... what's going on in Tignes? Is Stewart Woodward around yet?

Or the bloke from TDC? Rurie Scutt, or something like that.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kenzie, I'm merely a spectator this autumn! The lure of a West Country building site was too great Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Weather looks horrible today. Can't wait to see the EK all pristine and white again. The countdown (and webcam gazing) continues.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Weather was a bit snowy today but it's been great all week. Perfect training conditions.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rorie wrote:

Finished my summer job today, 6 months working in the lake district and staying in an all expenses paid hotel has been pretty tough wink
Depart tomorrow 8.00am for Tignes and should arrive Sunday morning as Mrs W has insisted we stop overnight on route Sad

Looks like lots of snow this weekend and sunshine monday Very Happy Will have to be on my toes Monday morning as i am skiing with Freddie, Zak & Luca rolling eyes Not sure if that is with or trying to keep up with Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stewart woodward, Welcome back to the real world - see you in a month. (hope you don't get roped in to be removals man!!) Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
chocksaway wrote:
stewart woodward, (hope you don't get roped in to be removals man!!) Very Happy

Already booked rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Philbo wrote:
Weather was a bit snowy today but it's been great all week. Perfect training conditions.
, my son said they did had half a dozen GS runs this morning before heading back done to pack up after a two week training camp , he said conditions have been great and far better than same time last year . He enjoyed this week more than last as it was getting bumpy and icy and was far more demanding , think I would prefer the conditions on Monday after this coming weekends snow, but then I'm not racing.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stewart woodward, just looked out of the window here in the East Ridiing which is rapidly going white - hope your snow tyres are here and not in France!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I can't believe it's only eight weeks until I'm there, I love watching the pre-season build-up! Very jealous of everyone heading out sooner.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Enjoy the stop over stewart woodward! After 6 weeks of the Champagny t-bar, you'll be glad you took in the sights of historic Dijon snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
www.snow-forecast.com says 23cm of snow to come at 1500m Very Happy this weekend - and freezing level dropping as low as 500m!

Under 5 weeks until (scheduled) opening day of Espace Killy and our trip tp Tignes Smile.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 29-10-12 13:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Healthy looking snowdepth in Tignes Les Boisses (at 1850m), and the glacier has just opened for skiing. Wish I was back out there today!

snow conditions
^ ahhh the new season's first snowfall, and it looks great! So lovely to see everything all white on the webcams, even if it won't last..
latest report
Not sure about first snowfall - we had fresh snow at the beginning of the month Happy
snow conditions
Well. First PROPER one?
ski holidays
Not quite sure how to define proper, but I was skiing on great snow on 6 October Happy
snow report
LOL, I mean extensive, down to resort level - not just on the glacier. Pedant Toofy Grin

Anyway, it's great to see, love your pic!
snow conditions
Piccadilly, wink
latest report
The Toviere webcam seems to have been switched back on, and it looks great up there.
latest report
^ yeah I was getting fed up with looking at the same group of mountain bikers standing there on July the 24th.

Just need to see how soon the lake will freeze over, when does that normally happen?
snow report
Mr Piehole, I shall miss that group of mountain bikers!
snow report
To ease the agony of waiting to get back to the mountains here's a quick musical interlude showing that October can be a great time to ski. Photos from 6th - 11th this month.

https://vimeo.com/52324126
snow conditions
and some pics from Tignes Official page on facebook

pix too big so link is https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/622099_517612701599760_167864587_o.jpg

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 29-10-12 23:03; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Le Col d'Iseran est ferme

Yippee !! snowHead snowHead snowHead

To me this is always the start of winter. Whether it will stay that way is another matter but now I know that the snow is really here.

I use this as my benchmark even when I'm not going to be in VdI at all during the season. Don't know why, probably just something that dates back my first few years to when I was going to Val d'Isere (often for the premiere neige so it was fairly relevant)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Haha, if you look at the Le Lac webcam today, it looks completely tracked out. Like people have been literally all over it in the last 24 hours.
snow report
The webcams look beautiful today!!
snow conditions
rorie wrote:
Kenzie, I'm merely a spectator this autumn! The lure of a West Country building site was too great Madeye-Smiley

Weak excuse! Shocked
ski holidays
First day back on the slopes today and what a day Very Happy Wall to wall sunshine & Powder snow Very Happy

This morning dawned cold & clear, after yesterdays snow falls, with 10- 15 cm in Le Lac and loads more on the glacier.Very Happy The mountain views were more like January than October.
There was the usual queue at the bottom of the Funicular as today was the first day of the French school Holidays and biggish queues for the cable car & lifts but the snow was just so great any queues were worthwhile.

We initially took the cable car & then skied around 3500 for a few runs before returning to the Panaromic restaurant for an early lunch. The new owner of the Panaramic has changed a few things, some good, some bad Puzzled A 2 course lunch with a good selection and free water for €10 is great value on the mountain. A turnstile & pay machine for the Loo's is not great Sad If you want to take advantage of the €10 deal you need instructor, trainer, coach to buy them in bulk and sell them to you.

The afternoon was just awesome still warm & sunny but NO QUEUES Very Happy We skied slalom gates on 3500 in soft grippy snow and pretty soon everybodies legs were beginning to ache. Finished the day early at 3.00pm after a trully fantastic autumn day.

Everbody is looking forward to skiing a few GS gates tomorrow.
snow conditions
stewart woodward, awesome!
latest report
Quote:
A 2 course lunch with a good selection and free water for €10 is great value on the mountain. A turnstile & pay machine for the loos is not great If you want to take advantage of the €10 deal you need instructor, trainer, coach to buy them in bulk and sell them to you
Really annoying. As a confirmed Tignesaddict, it sometimes feels like they treat the paying customers with disdain..... Sad Cashcows R us Mad .

Stewart Woodward: How much do we need to be budgeting for for a glacier WC visit? (It'll be nothing for me - on principle wink - but Mrs MA may pop in....)

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 29-10-12 22:03; edited 2 times in total
snow report
mountainaddict, I hate the place with an irrational passion. Worst thing about skiing on the Grand Motte.
ski holidays
Oops....earlier post posted twice Embarassed (and now deleted).
ski holidays
50 cents IIRC. You buy tokens which operate the turnstile from a small machine by the toilet entrance.
ski holidays
stewart woodward, they have also put in a burger bar that was decent value, was open in the summer when we were there. Not sure if it will be opening during winter though, let us know if you can, make a change from the Aspen if you dont fancy going down.
latest report
rob@rar, Toilet is also free if you buy a coffee, however the queuing outside in the cold as the new owner will only open one door and ensure everyone passes the till first with all equipment on is just plain silly.

Followed by his regular patrols for people eating food not purchased on the premises and €5 for a bottle of coke/7up etc!!!! Shocking
ski holidays
Day 2 on the glacier and an even better day than yesterday Very Happy Warmer weather and NO QUEUES NehNeh NehNeh It looks like people sorted themselves out with some groups training later and varying their lunch times.
Our clients had a lie in and caught the 9.05am bus which they all easily got on and then the 9.15 funicular with hardly a wait Very Happy We had to wait for 1 cable car but that was it for the rest of the day with no wait over 5 minutes which is unbelievable for this time of year.

The skiing was better than yesterday with a good overnight freeze hardening up the snow. This lead to some great gate training on 3500 and free skiing around the rest of the mountain. I must admit we did not venture down to Rossolin as only 1 lift is currently working due to lack of snow cover.

As the Panoramic restaurant seems to be a hot topic i must say that i had a very good salad for starter & Chicken, rice & rattatouille for main course, all for the sum of €10 Shocked The new owner may have upset a few people with some of his changes but the quality of food has greatly improved rolling eyes

Fattes13 wrote:
€5 for a bottle of coke/7up etc!!!! Shocking
If you are guillable enough to pay €5 for a bottle of coke please do not come on here complaining.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy