Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes & Val d'Isere 2012/13

Poster: A snowHead
tiffin wrote:
dashnparp - verb

What polite people do when exiting a lift

I thought that was parpndash
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
dashnparp - verb. What polite people do when exiting a lift
So not like when it just sort of happened to me in a jam-packed funicular.....Er, after a night on the beer.

It got worse though.....A chap with a Prince Charles accent exclaimed "Oh my God!! They do have lavatories over here....I just wish people would use them instead of going in their tryzers..."

I couldn't 'elp it guv.....honest Embarassed.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
feef wrote:
tiffin wrote:
dashnparp - verb

What polite people do when exiting a lift

I thought that was parpndash

No that's impolite!

Webcams are looking STUNNING! Stacks of snow now. I want to be in Tignes right now!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I see it as a personal challenge to see if I can get someone to comment or react when in an enclosed space Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Piccadilly wrote:
Webcams are looking STUNNING! Stacks of snow now. I want to be in Tignes right now!

It was STUNNING today Very Happy Clear blue skies, fantastic snow, not too bad queues and warmish temperatures Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

If it was February you wouldn't be complaining rolling eyes rolling eyes

The good news is it looks like continuing over the next few days Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi snowHead 's.
Looking for some advice re: stayign in La Daille.
Just booked a week 16th March staying in a chalet in La daille.
Any one know any good bars / restaurants there? Any tips / words of advice?
Or are we going to be trudging through to Val on an evening? Excited!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very little in La Daille in the evening. But the free bus runs all evening until midnight at least. So no probs
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ADubya, Quite lively apres in the Rosee Blanche, just across the bridge at the bottom of the bubble and the restaurant in the cellar below it (can't remember the name) has a good rep. Other than that follow Mark1863, on the 'train rouge'.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Or just do the Folie and ski down to your Chalet for the evening meal!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
looks like a good dump forecast at high level this weekend - not quite sure WHAT level tho...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ADubya
Quote:
Any one know any good bars/restaurants at La Daille?
We once had a nice evening meal in Tufs restaurant at La Daille. It's next to the gondola station. It was a while ago but I seem to recall that the place is quite rustic inside (ie the restaurant, not the gondola station!).
Quote:
Looks like a good dump forecast at high level this weekend - not quite sure WHAT level tho.
Snow-forecast.com reports that the freezing level will be between 2200 and 3200m over the next 6 days. Hopefully a bit of useful base-building freeze/thaw....After that, Accuweather's longer term outlook for Moutiers (ie the nearest mountain town I could find) is for fairly unsettled and cooler (sometimes cold) weather for the next three weeks: http://www.accuweather.com/en/fr/moutiers/156654/november-weather/156654
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Double M at Tignes officially opens on Saturday I believe.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Colin B, Which run is that? Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Colin B wrote:
Double M at Tignes officially opens on Saturday I believe.

Horrid weather forecast though. There might not even be any uplift.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
geepee wrote:
Colin B, Which run is that? Twisted Evil

The one from the glacier down into Val Claret.

Is this open a lot earlier than normal?
ski holidays
I think it usually opens so you can ski down from the glacier but there are snow canons all over that run so am sure it is usually a high % of man made. This year looks to have much more real snow than last year.

go to

http://tignes.co.uk/webcam

and use the "historic" function to view this time last year.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 8-11-12 14:31; edited 2 times in total
snow report
stevew, My comment was aimed at Colin B as it was the only run open apart from the glacier last year at the PSB. Poor attempt at humour possibly. Little Angel

Last year they did stirling work to open it for then but much earlier this year. Let's hope the conditions hold out this year.
snow conditions
Looking at the weather pro app on the iPad, the snowline is expected to drop to 2044m by sundry and for it to be snowing all weekend Smile
latest report
8 weeks and a day until I'm there... not that I'm coun ting or anything! Very Happy
snow conditions

That's just till the date.. I should really put in the date and time my flight leaves or something more specific Smile
latest report
Webcams seemed to show a lot of bashers out yesterday. Assume pushing snow on to pistes from off ahead of predicted warm snap this week. Anyhow much happier with the snow than I was 5 weeks from going last year. Its still mid Novemeber so we should not be surprised I suppose
snow report
feef, where do you get that app from?

Looking pretty 'orrible at resort level today. Double M has now been properly marked out though, yay!

Let's hope tonight's predicted snow turns everything back white again (before it melts next week).
snow conditions
Piccadilly wrote:

Looking pretty 'orrible at resort level today. Double M has now been properly marked out though, yay!

Fresh snow 2700m 5cm
2850m 20cm
3100m 40cm

what height is the glacier skiing? must be above that level.
ski holidays
MCL, us too, I have my iGoogle countdown on my desktop, it was over 100 days when we booked in the summer, down to less than 60 now - woohoo!! Staying at the Skiworld lodge, first time to VDI so excited about trying somewhere new. Bring it on!!

snowHead
snow report
Snow in the village overnight Very Happy and currently it is sleety snow Sad The web cams are showing lots more fresh snow at higher levels Very Happy
I spoke to a Pisteur earlier this morning who said there was an additional 30cm of snow overnight on the glacier Very Happy Very Happy

It was very quiet at the lift pass office this morning as the French school holidays finish today. No doubt the kids will be doing their homework today which has been left untouched for the past 2 weeks wink

Double M is officially open and can be accessed from either the Funicular or Lanches chair lift. The price of a lift pass will have increased due to the extra slopes available Sad

The forecast for next week is more sunshine Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Piccadilly wrote:
feef, where do you get that app from?

Let's hope tonight's predicted snow turns everything back white again (before it melts next week).

It's not 'an app' as such, it's the countdown and snow report dashboard widgets on OSX. I just did a screen shot and cropped it down
snow conditions
stewart woodward, Just wait until we turn up and bring our usual pile of snow with us! wink
latest report
stewart woodward wrote:

I spoke to a Pisteur earlier this morning who said there was an additional 30cm of snow overnight on the glacier

total of around 80cm, maybe a bit more now on the glacier.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hope it keeps piling on - I am thinking of a trip out on the weekend of 15/16 Dec: it's usually OK in most of the resort by then isn't it?
snow report
Scarver, 'usually OK' is about right. I'm going then so I hope this it's that or better...
latest report
red 27 wrote:
Scarver, 'usually OK' is about right. I'm going then so I hope this it's that or better...

Just had a look at the webcams - looks like it's had a decent dump so it's headed in the right direction - fingers crossed. Still, we don't have to book until it's looking promising enough so will play the waiting game for now.
ski holidays
The web cams make it look like he lake is part frozen. So we have snow and ice, just need the 16th Dec to hurry up now

cheers
Smag
snow conditions
Quote:
Looks like it's had a decent dump so it's headed in the right direction - fingers crossed
Wish the weather would make its mind up and decide it's finally winter - the forecast on the Tignes website is a daytime temperature of +11C Sad at Le Lac in midweek.

It just better Twisted Evil cool down and snow some more for our arrival on 29th November! Still it looks amazing at altitude on the webcams so hopefully that will come through the thaw. As above, it's watch the webcams and forecast and cross everything for Espace Killy opening on 1st Dec...Two weeks, six days and counting Smile!
snow report
Just to show how much it was snowing in Tignes this morning

http://youtube.com/v/lZAy3Ali8AI&feature=g-high-u
ski holidays
Slightly jealous now.

stewart woodward, Was that you on the sleigh?
ski holidays
feef wrote:

It's not 'an app' as such, it's the countdown and snow report dashboard widgets on OSX. I just did a screen shot and cropped it down

Ahh found them. I can't get the snow report widget to work though, never mind.
snow conditions
rorie wrote:

stewart woodward, Was that you on the sleigh?

How did you guess wink

Another great day, clear blue skies, warm temperatures and after the last 2 weeks holidays very quiet.
Downhill & SG races are being held this week and so Descent is closed but there is plenty of other pistes to ski. I skied down Double M at the end of the day and there is plenty of snow cover.
ski holidays
stewart woodward, I'm ridiculously jealous of you!
snow report
looking rather nice on the Val Webcams today

snow report
kitenski, it is looking prety promising isn't it Smile Hopefully I will be able to bag my December trip.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy