Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have dry slopes improved?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Taking a group away in Jan, one of the group has never skied before. She has lost over 10 stone and is very excited about trying something she always felt she could not. She's eager to get some lessons in prior to the trip.
Now I last used a dry slope about 25 years ago and it gave me a good base to work from but I remember the surface being less than friendly or forgiving.
Have things changed? Looking at a few trips to snowtrax in Dorset. One lesson book at hemel fridge too. Should she also get a few lessons in at snowtrax as she's only 10 mins away?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mally, If that is Snowtrax christchurch they are using a new surface called Proslope that is getting great reviews.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Definitely There new surface is the nicest dry ski slope surface I have been on. However the lift is sadly the worst I have used. We are going over tomorrow for a session while our girls are having their first lesson over there. When we last went over it was just the main slope which had been redone I don't know if they are doing them all? I will let you know tomorrow evening.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
NickyJ, thanks for that.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mally, Snowtrax has the easiest dry material to learn on and far less painful in a fall.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It is still just the main slope which has been redone, and there were a few snow boarding lessons going on while we were there on that slope. The ratio of instructor to instructees seems very good. The old slopes were being used predominately for Bob skis and Ring bobs, however one of the girls in the children's lessons was taken on the old slope as well.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mally, congratulations to your friend, that's a great achievement. She could probably usefully do some general strengthening/toning - if she does the right stuff it will be at least as useful as ski lessons. If she's not been very active in the past, because of her weight, her lack of muscle tone and cardiovascular fitness could mean the holiday is more of an effort, and less fun, than she'd like.

If the Hemel lesson is early, maybe she could make up her mind about the dry slope afterwards? As it's close to home, she could go and have a coffee and watch a bit - would give her a good feel for what she'd be letting herself in for.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks to both, I think I'll wait till after the Hemel lesson and then suggest snowtrax for more lessons

Mally
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy