Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tania 2nd March 2013 Ski School

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

First post here so hello! This is a great site and I have already found it to be a very useful resource.

Have just booked up a Ski holiday to La Tania with my wife and 4 year old daughter flying out for a week on 2nd March 2013. I want to book my daughter into some ski school lessons during the week. She previously completed Piou Piou at ESF in March 2012 in Val Cenis. She was not too keen on ESF as there were no other English speaking children in her class which obviously made it a little difficult for her to interact.

So looking in La Tania I think I have narrowed it down to one of 3 ski schools all which appear more tailored to the English client :

Magic in Motion
http://www.magic-latania.com/uk/index.aspx

Momentum
http://www.momentumsnowsports.com/

New Generation
http://www.skinewgen.com/latania

Any feedback on these would be much appreciated.

Also (and maybe a long shot) is anyone else on here p[lanning a trip to La Tania week beginning on the 2nd March with children wanting to go to ski school? If so perhaps we could book them into the same class to ensure the minimum number requirements are met.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowheads.

Magic and New Generation have been recommended on similar threads in the past. I'm planning to use Magic for my daughter this year based on this. They all run different hours and packages at different costs, so I'd also see which suits you and your daughter best as I'm sure they would all be up to standard.

You will of course be more likely to get a largely English group during school holidays.

It's a shame your daughter didn't enjoy being with non-English speakers. Perhaps she will when she's older. I know I and my peers have happy memories of interacting with other kids where none of us shared a language, and I'm hoping my daughter will too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
KRL, Welcome to SHs snowHead

We've had a fair bit of experience with ski schools in La Tania. I can highly recommend Magic. Also La Tania is a very popular resort with Brits and therefore the ESF in La Tania is more geared up to Brit kids than others perhaps and our party have had good experiences with ESF there.

Another one to throw in is Ski Progression's instructor Laure. She used to work with Magic and is really lovely and great with tiny ones.

Have a great time.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
KRL, you should have a great time in La Tania. We have been there a couple of times and used Magic who were good, but the lesson times were a bit long really. We now prefer shorter lessons, so ESF can work there as well. I am not sure if March 2nd is still a French holiday week, so ESF will be more full of French kids than Brits - need to check the French holidays.

Have a great time
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
KRL, Welcome to Snow Heads snowHead

We have excellent reports for Magic but they do get booked up, so worth making contact now. Class sizes are small which, IME of putting my own children in ski school, makes a big difference - the instructors are also native English speakers or have excellent English, which again makes a massive difference. The boys were in a class of 12 with ESF in another resort and were the only non-French so they struggled. Your dates are still French half term so although not as busy as February, this could make a difference if you are considering ESF. Drop me a PM if I can help with anything else - FWIW my children love skiing in La Tania as they can ski back into the village and right up to the elevator so no buses or negotiating traffic etc. They also love toboganning on the nursery slopes once the lifts close - and they're a lot older than your daughter! Have fun Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the replies they have been really helpful Very Happy

Think I will go with Magic and get her booked into the Little Ones group for two hours so the lesson duration is not too long. Will also make sure we do some toboganning too!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
HI,

I posted a similar thing a few weeks back in relation to our son who will have just turned 5 when we go to La Tania.

We are going on 6th April so a bit later (sadly tied to school holidays) otherwise I would have happily joined forces, we are going to go with Magic too on the 2 hour lesson for the 'little ones' at 11.30am each day. Although worringly we are the only ones who have contacted them to book this week, which surprises me as its the 2nd week of the Easter school holidays. Fingers crossed they get one more to make the lessons viable!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi,

Magic use the area at the top of the Gondola for their little ones lessons which has a little magic carpet and a sledging area, plus the Bouc Blanc restaurant which is reasonably priced. The other benefit is that you don't have to ski right back down to resort for pick up time.

You will need to get a free lift pass for her which can be done in resort (as they need to take a photo for the pass) or maybe your chalet company can get it in advance if you send them a picture before hand (a head shot).

I have a chalet full of little ones on the 2nd March... I'll point out this post to them..

Enjoy La Tania.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy