Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying Kinco/Venitex pigskin gloves in Bourg St Maurice?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm passing through Bourg St Maurice next week, and I'm looking for a pair of workmen's leather Venitex gloves. I've heard that they are available in DIY stores in France. Has anyone bought them from a shop in Bourg?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chamcham, I have bought leather gloves from the Weldom next to the Intermarche, don't know if they are pigskin but they are what I wear most of the time when I'm skiing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chamcham, We got our first pair in Bourg of the Venitex (cowhide) ones, about 4 years ago now! You maybe lucky in any of the DIY stores however its a little early yet for them to have their stock. If your buying there have a really good look at all the gloves as the quality, colour and fit caries on almost every pair! One of the reasons I have a load of odd gloves which I can not really sell, maybe I should do a Snowhead special on them!!!!!!

You will only find the Venitex ones in France, I am still the only UK and European stockist of the Kinco 901 (pigskin) gloves Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
livetoski wrote:
Chamcham, If your buying there have a really good look at all the gloves as the quality, colour and fit caries on almost every pair! One of the reasons I have a load of odd gloves which I can not really sell, maybe I should do a Snowhead special on them!!!!!!

Thanks. I wanted to see them and try them on for that reason, and also to check the fit, as I suspect it varies between pairs.

Perhaps you should do a Snowhead special - I expect there are plenty of people on here who are not bothered about mismatching colour and grain direction, provided the durability and functionality are good.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chamcham, Can't vouch for the brand but SAMSE do sell gloves like you describe. Its on the right just after the railway stn (heading up hill!)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I bought mine here.

http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/epages/es122028.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122028/Products/SSkinco901med
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jerby, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin thanks

You can now also get them from:

http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/component/page,shop.browse/category_id,13/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,1/

I can not imagine where Spyderjon gets them from Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I bought mine here at really good prices.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks to all. I take it you all like the gloves when you use them for skiing?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi hope not against any rulkes?,

Just ordered some off the Bay from jrdist8524 ordered 05.10.12 and here today.

Value -postage is $19.99 so as under £15.00 no vat, duty or customs charges.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
livetoski, I went to your website and tried to order some 901's to Belgium, and while your website says 3.99 delivery charge applies to anywhere in the EU, in the check-out postage price was circa 15 GBP. Is this correct?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy