Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne confirmed quality fitter?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Long time reader first time poster, I've got a job in Belle Plagne for the season and am looking to buy some ski boots for the season. From the stick I'm aware of the many tried and tested quality boot fitters here in the UK but as I live in rural Herefordshire I'm looking to save myself a 4hr round journey by getting my boots in resort. However I am worried I won't be able to find a really decent boot fitter there, does anyone know of one?

Thanks in advance

TL:DR
Anyone know of any decent boot fitters in La Plagne?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alexrory, welcome to the mad house..... not sure about La Plagne, but you could do far worse than a 4 hour return trip to Chamonix wink a few years ago there were good guys in Val D but that has long since changed, Nevada sports in Tignes is an option depending on what mood the fitter is in
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had some boots fitted in La Plagne 1800. Can't remember the name of the shop...come out of La Mine pub, turn right, walk up the hill and it's on the left not far from the bakery. Very Happy

The fitting was one of the most thorough i've ever had. A great service. I was told later, that the guy who fitted my boots was the most respected in the area.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just get yourself over to CEM @ Bicester, it may be a bit of a trek but it will be well worth it, you can always do a bit of shopping at Bicester Village while you're over that way.

NB - Other bootfitters are available, but not many as good at their job as Colin.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
what the HELL, is CEM doing living in bicester?! it's so selfish I'm in half a mind to not go, but as it seems there isn't a renowned fitter in La Plagne my chicken legs WILL be making the pilgrimage to Bicester.

You will be hearing from me soon CEM!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
btw you don't sell boots from past seasons do you CEM?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spud, People go from all over the area to the chap you mention he handles some of the French team and certainly a lot of instructors use him. The advantage of being near the fitter on snow is he can alter the problems if any! unless one is going to HH for a day to find them.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cynic, Thanks for confirming that. I can't remember his name...which is a real shame, as I had those boots for 4 years with no problems ever. Shame they wore out...
I remember he was recommended to me by a lot of the Race lads working on the Cretier.
I'm going back this season, so will be sure to pop in and say hi again.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alexrory, If you have them fitted in resort I hope your Savoyarde French is good enough to describe / understand what the fitter is saying / telling / asking you ...........
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good point Boredsurfing,

Tempted to go with spud and see if I can find this guy in La Plagne 1800.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alexrory, Can't be exactly sure but in resort always get the feeling that boots are sold higher than the manafacturer's reccomended French price.
Prices generally seem to be cheaper in the UK and bargains to be had particularly when looking at the exchange raete. (Euro getting stronger again at the mo)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
He spoke good English...as did the rest of the lads in the shop.

They dealt with a lot of British Holiday makers hiring equipment downstairs in their shop.

I had insoles, inners and boots all heat fitted and ground/punched. It was one of the best fitting i have ever had.

They also gave me Slalom Skis at Cost plus VAT... Ok I was a seasonaire at the time, but they really looked after their customers.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sounds tidy!

Cheers spud, let me know if you remember the shop name.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm pretty sure it's this shop...

http://boudusports.com/services.html
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

People go from all over the area to the chap you mention he handles some of the French team

how big is the French team these days, there appears to be at least one fitter in every resort who fits some of their boots
rolling eyes rolling eyes

Quote:

btw you don't sell boots from past seasons do you CEM?

i did, mostly in past seasons though, if we have something left in your size that fits then there is always a deal to be done....i have very little left currently
snow conditions
Boudu is probably the best shout in La Plagne. El Pro in Belle Plagne is pretty reasonable and stocks some good kit if you can't be bothered travelling once you're in resort.
latest report
Cheers for the information guys, very helpful and it's much appreciated.

Think I'll end up buying in resort, means I don't have to lug them out there too.

One day CEM
ski holidays
Definitely advise buying in resort: workers discounts and you can get them adjusted. Boudu always used to be excellent but the man himself retired a while ago. Friends have used Skilove in Plagne 1800 and Allamand Ski in Belle Plagne. You will find that most have fitted French team skiers: Olivier Allamand was moguls; shop owner in Bellecote trained some; etc.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy