Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wall Sits. Who Does 'em?

Poster: A snowHead
After almost a month of gym, which includes a lot of quad/leg work, I had a crack at some wall sits.

Against a glass door, I managed, with only a bit of gurning on the last set, 2mins-rest-1min-rest-1min. Rests were 30secs.

How does this rate for first bash of the new season? Puzzled

BTW, I'm a 47yo bloke. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mollerski, try using a Swiss Ball between the wall and your back.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Adrian,

I'll use one at the gym. Madeye-Smiley

No one else sliding up and down the fridge door? wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mollerski, Not for exercise, no. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Schuss in Boots, Laughing
I do these resting against the upright bit of the PowerPlate at the gym. Even more thrilling... wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Which is shorter?

(a) The time it takes a sH thread to turn in to an argument
(b) The time it takes a sH thread to turn in to smut
(c) Planck time

Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yes I do them as a part of a circuit class I attend, I just do what I'm told, so don't time it myself!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not convinced by static wall sits; the exercise should relate to the activity. Dynamic wall sits (like a repeated 2 foot squat) with a swiss ball behind the back would be much better IMHO!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 3-10-12 11:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What extremely bizarre behaviour. Shocked
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard, yes getting fit doesn't seem to be the norm for many folk does it!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, they often do a wall sit, then squat jumps, repeat 3, 4 or 8 times at the end of the session to try and kill us off!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman,
The 'dynamic' leg work happens at the 'Gyme' (see Homer Simpson wink ). The wall sits were an added bit of home 'fun'. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've not done them for ages, but I use a ball when I do.

Squats with about 42Kg, lunges with 22Kg and one legged squats on the TRX have taken over. I'll have to give them a go again to push you wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Squat planks?

5 minutes with 6kg in each hand as part of gym routine (so 3 times a week). No idea if it'll help (fitness guy at gym reckons its good), but thighs like rocks now Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Last night at gym-
Leg press machine (squats) 3 sets of 12 reps. (Fully loaded on set 3)
Leg curl machine 3 sets of 12
Leg extension 3 sets of 12

Lunges with dumbells 3 sets of 20 (10 per leg)

Session also included arms, chest, abs and 25mins fairly hard CV work.

Dynamic enough? Cool
snow report
Mollerski, my physio told me not to touch those leg curl and especially the leg extension machines if I liked my knees.

Wot!! No squats??? wink
snow report
Mosha Marc, your physio speaks sense.. Open chain exercise (ie foot not on floor to "close" the kinetic chain) is a waste of time except for rehab... IMHO.
Squat with proper form to a proper depth (ie below parallel), do some barbell lunges and leave the 1970's exercise of wallsits where they belong, and those who don't know better!
snow report
Mollerski, Pretty good stuff,
snow report
Not me, not for years.

150-200miles of mountain biking a week.
snow conditions
Mollerski, Just had my latest 20 session assessment - 1 routine in the next lot of 20 is wall squats, ball behind back 14kg in each hand "rolling" the ball up and down as I squat - not easy.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy