Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Close to Zurich train station...

Poster: A snowHead
Any of you good souls recommend a cheap hotel for one night before we get the early train to St Anton???
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I heard Hotel du Theatre was tiny and quite entertaining, close to the Station - originally a theatre with (2?) rooms but the theatre now an arts cinema.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's no such thing as a cheap hotel in Zurich. Last year I stayed at the Alexander Guest House (although they gave me a room in the main hotel).

They are cheaper in the airport area, such as Ibis.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can get places like the Mercure from about £65 for a single room. You could probably walk to the station from there.

http://www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-5488-mercure-stoller-zurich/index.shtml
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
musher, cheap but about a mile and a half from the station.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowball,

I thought it was closer than that, but to us country boys that is a short walk wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think there's a Best Western not too far a walk away... I've stayed and it was OK

Can't think of anywhere cheap closer though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I use this one a lot. 5min very easy walk from the Station. Just off the "Bahhofstrasse"

Reasonably cheap for the location, very clean everything you need. Across the street you can eat cheap in the Micros (Supermarket) restaurant.

http://www.hotelcity.ch/cms/index.php?lang=en

Its much close to the station than the Mercure suggested above which you would need a taxi or transport to ge to
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We stay at the Saint Gotthard, which is on Bahnhofstrasse, about 50 metres from the station. Not that cheap, but it is possible to find reasonable deals online.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton, It seems to work out at €220 for me and the wife....I assume that's the going rate for Zurich.

ulmerhutte, I suppose the extra few quid is worth for the convenience of not having to lag bags, boots & skis miles back to the Haupbahnhof.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
there's a train station at the airport, that goes into Zurich before off whereever, so an airport hotel, and most have shuttles back to airport which is right beside station, might be best bet, guess it depends if you want an evening in town or not
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I stayed at one called Hotel Marta. It's about 5-10 min walk to the station & was really cheap for the area. Small, but nice clean rooms & breakfast included
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yeah, we travel with the whole kit because we spend a month in St Anton, so walking long distances is not that appealing. What's more, the footpaths are often quite slippery; the thought of a yard sale in Bahnhofstrasse is also none too appealing.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dazman wrote:
stanton, It seems to work out at €220 for me and the wife....I assume that's the going rate for Zurich.

No, try Walhalla Hotel, for example, which I got from Tripadvisor, and is much cheaper (if that is the room price, which is what I think it is). Or click on the map and try others.
Actual stanton's hotel shows the price for the room, too (it says so), so is much less than you say.

What date will this be?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowball, Checking in Feb 13th and checking out Feb 14th (who says Irishmen aren't romantic eh?)

stanton, Heading back to the Rundeck for 10 days, but Klaus can't take us on the Wednesday night....I might try and get somewhere to stay locally for the night, I'll dump the bulk of the gear with him when we arrive and just come back to him in the morning for check-in...ever get a transfer from Zurich?? (crazy money I presume??)
latest report
Stayed at the Walhalla twice this year. It's right next to the main station (other side of Bahnhofstrasse). It has two buildings: the main hotel (CHF250/night incl breakfast) and the cheaper/more basic guesthouse which is less than 50m from the hotel (about CHF180/night incl breakfast served at the hotel). Note that the rooms at the guesthouse have a frosted glass prefab shower/toilet unit....so not much privacy there if that bothers you.
snow conditions
CHF 180 is about €140, is that for two?? or per person??
ski holidays
For two.
snow conditions
snowman, Now you're talking.....cheers for that pal!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy