Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Show Earls Court

Poster: A snowHead
We are thinking of going to Earls Court ski show with the girls ages 3 & 6. Reading the web pages on it, it is being marketed as a great day out for the family. Is there really going to be much if anything for the younger visitors?

thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kids will be bored.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yup, not a lot for them at that age, sure they may get a balloon if they smile at the right holiday company, but essentially you are paying for a glorified shopping experience which is not all that glorified
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What about the slope I was reading about? With some coaching on there?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wot CEM, said !
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A grand day out? Not so much.

But we found taking the boys is a great way of getting freebies out of reps and companies. Eldest (if you recall) is merciless flirt and blonder than a playboy bunny. Youngest is cute gurgly chubby baby who smiles alot. The booth babes are putty in their hands... key rings, squeezy toys, balloons, pens, stickers, and sweets rain down from the stands. And the guys from Lazy Baby gave us free tees and hoodies because youngest was wearing his brothers 'can't snowboard yet' hand-me-down tee, saying it was payment for good advertising.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There are some good boot fitting companies there, giving free advice.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It will probably get a bit boring for kids of that age. We're going and I wouldn't take ours!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Drop the kids off, enjoy the booze tasters, watch the shows, try on this season's new kit & note down the names for the sales next summer. You may get some gifts for kiddies but they'll get bored after an hour imo Twisted Evil
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Drop the kids off where? I am afraid in our situation we either go with them or not at all. It is half term that week and I have already booked it as leave, we were considering a day trip out on the train to get to Earls court on the Wednesday. I am now not so sure, we have taken them to the boat show every year for the last 4yrs or so so that we can we what Daddy's been upto (yes including with a 2week old baby) which they cope with Ok
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mine are 10 and approaching 13 now. They've gone for the last 4 years or so. I think it depends on what sort kids they are. There is lots of hustle and bustle, they can normally try ice skating. The fashion show is usually music and dancing. The ski jumping again is very visual. You can feed them an overpriced suasage in a bun, they can dip into the sweets and choccies on the various stands, there is usually a painting stand where they can join in and I expect they will get plenty of attention from the stand owners esp. if they are on the upfront and 'cute' side of things which they might lap up - as I suggested to begin with you know your own kids. I think if you go an a busy day I'd put a wrist leash on the youngest or reins - at the very least those wrist tags you can write your mobile number onto are an excellent idea for both. I think a few hours might be sufficient for a child as young as 3 though. However as soomewhere to go on the train, esp if you have a railcard and esp. if you have scored some cheap tickets to go in I'd give it a whirl, London is plenty big enough to go elsewhere if it all falls flat and you have a roaming ticket. What it can be handy for is to try gear on them esp. stuff like gloves and helmets which are so awkward to buy for them at that age then identify makes, styles and sizes to either buy there or take the chance that you can get them cheaper online once back at home.

If they have survived the boat show then I imagine that they will find the ski show survivable, I think it will be more colourful (though I must admit I've never done a boat show - maybe they are loud, busy and colourful too.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks Megamum. The boat show is a LOT of walking including climbing up and down large bridges over the roads between the sections, they also get to go on boats which normally just do Daddy‘s boats, our 3 yr old managed it all, with very little carrying.

My eldest would love to try iceskating so that would be great.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I used to use the ski show as an excuse to meet up with people I'd done seasons with and get drunk. But I guess that wouldn't work with kids in tow Shocked

There aren't really any bargains to be had as all the stands have had to pay a fair whack for them and need to make their money back. Ski shows are OK, fashion show is boring as hell. On slope coaching is OK if you don't mind a poor surface, bad uplift and poor length and shape for learning anything on.

So I'd leave the kids at home, go with friends and get plastered, then its quite good fun! Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
NickyJ, I think I'd check on the ice-skating before you promise it, it's been a while since I THINK I read it was there this year, but you might to book it in advance. I hope the Quebec huskies come back this year, we missed them last year.
snow report
Taken our girls for the last 2 years, 3 & 6 the first year - you can do the maths for the 2nd wink

They loved it, fashion show, huskies, eating out, slope style etc etc

Make of it what you can they learn lots if you engage them.
snow report
There are five pairs of weekday tickets up for grabs here (plus some other prizes): www.andorra-resorts.com/competition.php
ski holidays
Thanks I have entered just in case.
snow conditions
Off to the Ski and snowboard show at Earls Court on the Saturday meeting up with some old skiing pals etc Very Happy
latest report
Boredsurfing wrote:
Off to the Ski and snowboard show at Earls Court on the Saturday meeting up with some old skiing pals etc Very Happy

Are you? Who? We are there too. Got any tickets?
snow conditions
Mouth, old ski mates from before Monty! 10 of us going so no spare tix yet....
latest report
Boredsurfing, well we shall see you there. Some of the current Monty crew will be in attendance!
ski holidays
I have been searching around for FREE tickets and there seems to be a few websites offering limited numbers of tickets, but also found this offer of 5 pairs of weekday tickets in a sort competition/raffle if anyone is interested of course http://www.Snivel.com/forum/topic/London-Ski-Show-Ticket-discount.htm
latest report
I'm going and taking my two kids. We always enjoy it and get bags full of free stuff. Just won two tickets too, so might go twice!
snow conditions
Boredsurfing wrote:
if you're buying the beer I'll come, I've got tickets
snow conditions
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday I think - hope to see you there
snow conditions
Spyderman, Scampi Dellahanti, Mouth, Looks like we'll be there lunchtime onwards, do stand clearly in front of me and say hi, (the eyesight is failing fast wink)
ski holidays
Might be there the first day if I can win some tickets!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy