Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chaval Gloves?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any experience with this new heated glove? https://www.chavalusa.com/ Looks intriguing but I can’t find much on the internet about it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It has just been launched, so I imagine not.. But it looks interesting.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bump on this to see if there is any real world feedback on these?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Never seen or heard of these gloves before I saw this post. I have tried most of the serious heated gloves using the Thermic back of the finger heating (Thermic, Snowlife, Hestra, Black Diamond etc). However, easily the best I have used are the Outdoor Research Lucent gloves, which have which have much bigger heating elements, and reach a high temperature.

The Chaval claim that their gloves last up to 3 times longer than other gloves, is rather strange as they quote 4-6 hours, but I know all the lithium battery based gloves I have tried will last 8 hour on the lowest setting. Even on the highest setting they will last 2.5 hours.

However if Chaval have sorted out reliability, then that will be an advantage, has every pair of heated gloves I have had has failed and been replaced within 3 weeks of use (in some cases the replacements have also failed).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've owned two pairs. The heating elements in both sets only lasted one season. Chaval has a one year warranty. I contacted the company located in Bainbridge Island, WA. They were dismissive of my issues per their warranty. At $375 a pair I expected a better quality product.

I'm going back to Hestra mittens with hand warmers.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy