Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

what length skis do i need?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm a good intermediate skier who spends 70% of my time on piste and the rest messing about off piste, especially in forests etc. i am 6'2" (187cm) tall and am quite a heavy guy at 96kg. Anyone got any advice on what length skis i need and any recomendations of make and model. Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Er, if you've done all those things, surely you have some idea of what length skis you did it on?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i'm 6'4", weigh the same as you and ski the longest of whatever model it is.

Piste = high 170s
All Mountain = low 180s
Off piste = high 180s

the rest is down to you unless you have some specifics in mind. An awful lot of good ski gear around at the moment.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks shoogly, I was thinking low 180's. Serriadh, I do have some idea what ski lengths i need, but have always hired before, and as I'm now buying my own I want as much advice as possible before I commit to a pair of skis as I'm not wealthy and I am definately not as clever as you are.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thecramps, Buy S/H half the price, same price to sell if you don't like them.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Going to be buying S/H anyway, but seen some pretty good looking 2012 scott mission skis for about £200 that are 183cm.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thecramps wrote:
I'm not wealthy and I am definately not as clever as you are.

If you provide the sort of information that makes it easy for people to give you useful answers (I've skiied x in length y! I preferred skiing w in length z!) then you won't get folk like me asking you for clarification. There's no need to be defensive or patronising, especially as I've managed not to be rude or mocking.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thecramps, An excellent choice, but the 178 is a better turning ski. The Mission is no longer made by Scott so any new ones on offer with different graphics are copies. The Mission went from about £350 in 2008 too £500 2010 so £200 is about right SH; bargain if new

If they are the brown series with a picture of jesus on them they fell to bits. They next went to arms, then a boring blue swirly colour, the skis are never a matching pair and are L and R
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks cynic, I appreciate your advice.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy