Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet Baggage Saving

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know its been done but I've not seen this one before.
I have spoken to EJ Customer services, and am assured that if you are only taking skis, you can check them as normal hold luggage and pay £20 for upto 20kg. They must be below 275cm combined dimensions (ie H+W+L)
If you are going with friends/family then putting clothes for two in one bag and skis (two pairs) in a ski bag gets you out of paying the ripoff £50 for sports eqipment.
EJ even confirm this is the chaepest way to do it, and would cost £40 done this way for two passengers.
You only need to pay the sports equipment rate if you need the extra 12Kg (32kg total) on an individual basis, provided you can keep to 20KG each, no need to pay for the extra.
Might be useful. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you buy the sports equipment, you don't need to buy the hold bag, you get 32kg for just buying the sports bag.

All explained in one simple diagram:

Go out and buy massive ski bag. Problem solved.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
True, but £40 for 40kg is better than £50 for 32kg. They could pull you on the not packing clothes with sports kit clause.
Not sure if they ever check.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Furthermore with EJ there is no weight restriction on you cabin baggage, just needs to be within dimensions of a regular cabin bag.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tis is all very good, but I have been pulled up at check in and asked a) have I 1 or 2 boards in my bag (typically I pay for one ski carriage and put moth mine and my girlriend's boards in one bag), and b) have I packed clothes in my board bag... On both occasions I have had to argue the toss until eventually teh girl let me carry on my way...

It is ok EJ customer services saying this but typically in most smaller airports, EJ do not staff them and use local check in staff (Bournemouth use servisair)...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So....... if you have 3 people, 2 hold bags and one ski bag what is your allowance?

is it 20+20+32 or 20+20+12?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
no takers?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
eithnem, Oh go on then. 20, 20 + 12
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I know this has been done to death here and there but the image above doesn't cover this scenario. Hence my uncertainty. Never mind not knowing how it will be interpreted at check-in. All a bit of a dangly bits.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Two skiers leave Standstead at 8:45am carrying 3 hold items and one set skis, travelling to Geneva on Easyjet. One item of luggage is lost in transit. They return a week later with 2 hold items, 2 sets of skis and a Toblerone as carryon luggage.

For 25 marks, List their luggage allowances, the extra charges they incurred, their chances of seeing any insurance money for their lost luggage and the length of the thread generated on SH about the incident.
5 bonus marks are available for correctly identifying what luggage their boots and helmets were transported in. Show all your workings...

You have until the end of the ski season, no conferring; you may begin.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Concur with cad99uk. I mailed them to ask a similar question as we would have been two people with two bags and two sets of skis in one large ski bag. We were told that both passengers would need to take ski equipment regardless of whether they were carried in separate bags or together in the large bag. The total weight of the sports equipment could not be greater than 24kg regardless of how it was packed.

Richard, there is a flaw in your question.... the Toblerone would have been eaten in the departure lounge to ease the boredom Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nick_H,
Quote:

the Toblerone would have been eaten

Only if it was dark chocolate Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nobody can eat one of those massive novelty Toblerones without requiring major reconstructive surgery.

Anyway, any fule kno the best use of of a Toblerone is to hide it in a drunken compatriots bed and let it melt while they sleep...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy