Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alberta skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have moved to Alberta from the UK and eyeing up the local ski resorts for the coming season. Am a solid intermediate skier and would welcome advice on which hills offer the best skiing. I enjoy piste skiing and gladed runs, but averse to bowl skiing either. Nearby we have Jasper, Banff and Lake Louise.

Thanks in advance!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You lucky beggar! All of them!
I don't know Jasper at all.
Sunshine, Mt Norquay and Lake Louise all come under the same lift ticket which gives you access to the shuttle buses between them and Banff town.
Lake Louise is probably best when it's windy as there are a lot of trees to play in, there are a couple of bowls of the back and I think some of the longest runs are available here.
Sunshine is a lovely wide open space in the main, Goat eye is the more challenging of it's areas with only black runs off it, some are truely steep double diamond but at least one of the blacks would not rate harder than a red in most of europe. Pica, the run out is a green, if you see people tuck, copy unless you want to pole. Having said that, we loved Pica, if it's windy it has pretty much the only respite and there are a few diverting off shoots that bring you back to base also.
Mt Norquay is the smallest and steepest of the three areas, really nice little place, friendly and possible to do every run in a day, it tends to be the quieter of the three. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Castle Mountain
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where have you moved to in ALberta?

WE have lived here nearly 5 years and so have skied at them all.

For you you would never get a pass covering the banff resorts - thats for tourists. You can either get season passes, discount cards which sell until DEcember usually or costco tickets.

WE ski everywhere and kids are in race club so that occupies us most of the season. WE base out of nakiska but do free ski days at Sunshine and I think Fernie this year. WE will race out of Sunshine, Nakiska, Castle, Jasper, Norquay and lastly (and rather shockingly, Red Deer)

Our faves would be the further resorts, Panorama, Fernie , Kicking Horse etc. All have gladed areas. Have also skied further afield (Silver Star, Big White, SUn peaks etc, but still not Revie or Red or Whitewater)

Ask and specific questions and I can probably answer
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And Fortress, for cat-skiing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy