Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard boots, buy here or at resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Total newbie here and going to do my first season in Val d'isere in December, just wandering should I buy snowboard boots here to take with me or are there good places in Val (possibly with discounts) that would make that a better option and save me some luggage allowance!

Thanks for any help or advice

Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As a casual observer, I haven't seen discounts in resort - if anything they often seem to be more expensive.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I reckon if I was going to do a season I would buy in resort so I could take em back if any problems. Going for a week I'd buy at home.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It seems to be a tough call, will prob just check out shops here and see what they say, thanks anyways =)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In resort will be more pricey than buying some now in the UK for certain. There'll be ski shops still shifting last year's lines at discounts. By the time you arrive in France in December, everything will be top whack.

When I bought mine, I just found some I liked the look of for 60 quid on eBay. They're absolutely fantastic and soon to begin their 4th year of (semi) active duty Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You should get a decent seasonnaire discount, worth bearing in mind. Current sales (may be getting a bit late for that now) of last season's stock in the UK would probably be cheaper though, if there's anything that fits.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lots of deals in resorts still and all season, depends where you shop. UK Snowboard shops, (i'm sure there is AN exception) are THE worst place to buy Snowboard equipment in the Whole World. Cheers Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy