Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: La Clusaz / Manigod-Merdassier / Le Grand Bornand - 2012/2013

Poster: A snowHead
Ricklovesthepowder, you're on the same flight as us! What seats? chuck us a PM if you like. snowHead snowHead

I am glad you had a good time. You totally deserve it! snowHead and I went to the restaurant at the top of Joyere several times, had an amazing soup there for lunch which was so big Mum ended up sharing it, and I also had Crepe Nutella for breakfast as a treat Very Happy

Also had a Genepi crepe in La Clusaz - Beauregard Altitude restaurant yesterday Toofy Grin very tasty Very Happy

It has been beautiful here, I have loved it, always love La Clusaz and great to explore LGB finally. I will stick all my pics into a Photobucket album and link it on here when I get home.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
crazy_skier_jules, heading to the airport now and hopefully be able to get the earlier 2.50pm flight. Easyjet allow you to travel at an earlier time if you get to the airport early. Rang up before and there was 34 seats available, so heading thaere now. What seats are you on the later flight, what transfer are you on etc?

Temp is 0c right nor at 1350m. Overcast skies so not great light conditions.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh cool! Massive thanks for the heads up on the flight changes, we are on the 11:30am coach from La Clusaz to Geneva, and we will arrive at 1pm so will deffo try and get on the earlier flight rather than hang around the airport for hours.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
crazy_skier_jules, go straight to the easyjet desk and ask to be put on the earlier flight. They will do it free of charge as long as there is still room. Let me know how you get on.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's the plan - cheers mate snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
That's the plan - cheers mate snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
crazy_skier_jules, Ricklovesthepowder, sounds like you've had a good few days out there. Hope the journey back proves uneventful. snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Leaving for Stansted in half an hour..... looks like Stansted is ok so far but Geneva has snowfall.
Fingers crossed we don't get any delays for the 5pm flight, due to get to GB at 10pm
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowscreen, hearing lots of problems in Geneva. Must me a temperature inversion because at 1350m it's currently 5.4c!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowscreen, Geneva airport arrivals and departures seem a bit delayed at the moment - few hours - but not catastrophic. The airport website reports weather as cloudy, and minus 2. A day to have a good book and chill, perhaps?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I can confirm there are MASSIVE delays in Geneva airport. Pretty much all flights in and out UK are delayed, due to weather it seems. I'm currently in a double backed queue the length of the check in terminal twice.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
crazy_skier_jules, Sad what a pain. Flights do seem to be getting out, mostly 2-3 hours later than scheduled but also major delays noted in Leeds, Manchester, Zurich, etc - so they all knock on to each other, I guess. Did your Mum get to ski at all, in the end?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We didn't get the earlier transfer, so sat waiting in resort for the bus to take us. Just had a lovely lunch, really can't be bothered with huge queues at Geneva. What exactly is the hold up, is it the UK end or Geneva?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ricklovesthepowder, according to Radio 4 a few minutes ago, Heathrow is in a state of complete chaos. 100 flights have been cancelled. When I look out of my window - and I'm not a million miles from Heathrow - I see a major thaw. Confused That said, my recent experience of Geneva is of horrible queues through security on a perfectly ordinary day, before the ski season had even got underway. Not sure which airport I loathe more, LHR or Geneva. Evil or Very Mad

Good luck both to you and to csj. It's going to be an annoying and tiring day for you all, I fear. Sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ricklovesthepowder, lunching is a very smart option. Staying till tomorrow could be even smarter! Geneva airport is a good place never to visit on a Saturday in the ski season, even when things are going OK.
ski holidays
pam w, in the transfer now. At the chalet it was +6c, dropped down to 650m and it's now -2c! Should be at the airport in 45 minutes so will update when I arrive.
snow report
Just got her, queue for baggage check in is now 3 times the length of check in. Absolute utter shambles. Snowing very heavy now, we could be here all night.
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder, Sad Sad
ski holidays
Quote:

Snowing very heavy now

Sad oh dear. As I have often noted on snowheads (usually when somebody makes some crass comment about how UK airports can't cope with the kind of snowfall they get once in several years) it doesn't take an awful lot of snow to close Geneva.

However, you're travelling with easyJet, aren't you? IME they sometimes do better than their rivals in coping with snow. If you are offered a hotel in Geneva I'd grab the offer immediately with both hands. My brother in law didn't, because he wanted to get home, but ended up having to fly to Luton when his car was in Birmingham - and rail services in the UK badly disrupted by snow. He'd have done better to relax in Geneva overnight.
ski holidays
pam w, cheers for the advice. I will give it 1 hour maximum before everything in and out of here is diverted or cancelled if this snow continues. It's lashing down.
snow report
Still meandering up and down the length of GVA airport. Snow outside is probably now an inch deep.
ski holidays
Mr Loatie flew out first thing this morning EasyJet Gatwick - Geneva with no problems and has been in LGB since lunchtime. Looks like the situation has got progressively worse throughout the day - bang goes my argument against getting up in the middle of the night in order to get the first flight out which I hate doing. Mr Loatie always maintains that it's the best flight to get before any problems mount up and I think this has probably proved him right. Ricklovesthepowder, Hope you get back ok. When I had a few hours to kill at Geneva a couple of weeks ago, I took the opportunity to explore the train station through the revolving door. There were actually a number of quite nice shops there and it relieved the boredom a bit of airport prowling!
latest report
No no no make it stop
Just eating at stansted, flights listed as being on time at 5....
latest report
Got rushed through baggage and our flight was being called, come through now and our flight doesn't even have a gate? Still lashing down with snow. They will have to clear runways very soon, that's the best case scenario.
snow report
Sat on the floor, looking at planes covered in snow, I can't even see the runway due to how heavy it's coming down. Anyone in the UK waiting to get out here, you will probably be delayed until this stops as its heavy!
latest report
The outbound flight to Geneva from Liverpool has been diverted to Lyon. Due to take off in 4 minutes and the plane is 200 miles away. This could be a long evening. Snow depth now at Geneva is a good 3" and shows no sign of stopping. If you die to fly out to Geneva this evening, I don't think you will be doing!
snow report
Been called to gate with no sign of delays yet...
Can only hope enough gets cleared in the next 2 hours
snow report
Geneva airport is now closed for the next 1.5hrs. It's just been on the tanoy. Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boarding now, maybe we'll be the 1st ones to try the runway out when were due to land in 1hr 30.
Wonder what happens if we end up in Lyon, coaches to Geneva.. Or stuck there till they can fly us
snow conditions
Change of plan, seems easyjet weren't as quick as rick.
Back at gate now, will get news in 40 minutes apparently and they hope we may only be delayed an hour
snow report
Quote:

Wonder what happens if we end up in Lyon, coaches to Geneva.. Or stuck there till they can fly us

are you with a tour operator, snowscreen? If you are, that's their problem!

What a miserable start to a holiday. Sad You'll get there, though, and find plenty of snow to play in. snowHead
snow report
Geneva shut until 7.15pm at earliest. We have all just been given a lovely orange leaflet with what we are entitled to after a 2 hour delay. Are you ready for this
A meal voucher and 2 phone calls!

Geneva airport is now estimating some flight to arrive at 2am!!! This sucks
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, hope you got back OK.
What with all the doom laden forecasts of snow chaos back in GB we set off on our trek South to the Aravis a day early and are currently ensconced in the Val Moret near Troyes for the night. So far we've yet to experience any snow more than a couple of centimetres deep but I suppose I shouldn't tempt fate and the roads are wonderfully quiet.
Have any of you any recommendations for a day's ski outing within an hour's drive of LGB? We need it to be suitable for some nervous skiers ie gentle blues. What are the blue runs like over at La Giettaz? How long does it take to drive to Les Saisies? We know The Grand Massif resorts but anywhere else we should be thinking of?
snow conditions
It's stopped snowing which is good news, but the backlog of flights from a 3 hour closure will be huge. What would be best for us, is if we were bussed to Lyon, which is where our plane is, and we flew from there.
snow conditions
DIY job for us so really need to get out tonight, transfer driver has been informed
ski holidays
Thanks for that update Rick, given me some hope
snow conditions
snowscreen, is your transfer driver called Ged by any chance, and is it with aravis transfers?
latest report
Jeez Ricklovesthepowder et al, big sorry to all trying to fly today - due to dodgey wifi here we'ed totally missed all the last page worth of posts so didn't mean to sound unsympathetic. Hope things get sorted as rapidly as possible.
snow conditions
Nope, we booked with Aravis Tours (guy called Mel)
But, he passed the business to Allo Taxi's so it's them getting us apparently
ski holidays
gvj, It takes around an hour, or just under, to drive to Les Saisies. You'll drive through Notre Dame de Bellecombe, in the same linked ski area, but Les Saisies skiing is easier, if you are looking for gentle blues.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy