Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere's new chairlift provides new access to Fornet/Solaise sector

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A new 6-seat chairlift - the 'Laisinant Express' - from the base of the 'L' (including Mattis) piste of Val d'Isere will offer direct re-entry to the Fornet and Solaise sectors of the ski area.

Until now, it has been necessary to use the shuttle bus to exit the base of this piste, which lies on the road between Val d'Isere and Le Fornet. Because this lift is built on new territory the wildlife of the mountainside will be monitored for impact.

More details, including other changes in the resort, on the Val d'Isere website.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith wrote:
A new 6-seat chairlift - the 'Laisinant Express' - from the base of the 'L' (including Mattis) piste of Val d'Isere will offer direct re-entry to the Fornet and Solaise sectors of the ski area.

Until now, it has been necessary to use the shuttle bus to exit the base of this piste, which lies on the road between Val d'Isere and Le Fornet.

Or skate and pole along Le Traverse de Malpaissant? (I may have the name wrong!)

The cynic in me feels that this is so that they can do more development further up the valley, and increase their number of beds.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
According to the map there is, indeed, a long traverse out of there back to the main part of the resort but I've never done it. The interractive map (which hasn't been updated yet) says it's called the Traversee du Laisinant.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And it's really easy to miss the entrance to the traverse, if you are going too fast Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kramer wrote:
The cynic in me feels that this is so that they can do more development further up the valley, and increase their number of beds.

I think that new lift is next door to a small development by MGM completed within the last couple of years. There seems lots of space at that location for future development, but doesn't Val have a strict limit on the number of beds in the resort?

I suppose having another lift out of the resort will help with any bottlenecks you get at peak times.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This is some seriously good news for anyone going to Val, the other development on there that is a serously good idea is the snow cannon at the bottom of the Tommeusses chairlift as this section is normally more like scree than snow. Another of my pet hates with the place dissapeared Very Happy

I'm well chuffed they are continuing to develop the slopes. However, I hope they dont try to develop more up the valley because I like the current 'bed:uptake capacity' ratio. I'm not sure what the policy is regarding building in the area although I do know there are moves afoot to try and renovate and modernise the centre of town. Hopefully, this will be enough for the money grabbers out there although I'm sure pretty much anyone with the capacity to build there would jump at the opportunity. As Rob says, hopefully the national park status will prevent this... we'll have to wait and see...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am pleased that there are new cannon on Santons. At Easter last year this was horrible especially when the black which runs parallel was closed. Thanks for pointing out the updated web-site DG.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy