Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets Ski Lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I would appreciate any advice for Ski Lessons in Les Gets.

We are a family group of 4 adults and 1 teenager with learning/intermediate ability. We have all been skiing before and will be taking a few top up practice sessions before arriving. However, I believe we could benefit from a couple of lessons on arrival in resort to helps us improve technique, gain more skiing confidence and assist us with getting started in new surroundings.

We hope to book a 2 or 3 group lessons for a couple of hours on our first two days. Do companies provide this service and would you recommend a ski school for us?

And if I have not mentioned it I am already getting excitted. Had put it out of my mind for last 9 months but now summer is done and its getting colder I am counting down the days.

Mike.

ps Sorry I have not been on here for 9 months.
pps We need lessons 31 December 2012 and 1 January. (New Year holiday)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 27-09-12 12:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you can get up to Avoriaz I'd look at their ski school up there. Not sure how you'll fare availability wise over those dates but having had lessons from them previously and will be booking again for this year I'd definitely recommend them. If its icy and you decide to take the Crot "blue" that is crossed by Coupe de Monde be warned that the more nervous among you may be practising your side slipping. I do personally think you'll gain more out of lessons in the Avoriaz sector as there's better learning terrain than in Les Gets in my opinion. Don't worry about getting excited too early, all my summer stuff is packed up and all the sking stuff has been brought out for inspection already!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would highly recommend a British ski school in les gets, LGS http://www.skischool.co.uk/ and specifically Tim Jackson, top guy & top instructor. I would make contact with whichever school you pick asap, they will book up very quickly for the new year.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 26-09-12 18:22; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have used 360 International and Les Gets snowsports. Both offer half day/full day/weeks whatever you require. My 4 year old learnt with lgs. You dont want to be tramping all the way to Avoriaz for a lesson. Get working on your fitness as these guys want you to get full value for your cash. Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have also used 360 International,LGS as mentoned by cathy, above and also BASS.
Agree it would not be worth going all the way to Avoriaz for a lesson
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Again, whichever of the above recommended ski schools you decide to go with, make contact ASAP - the peak weeks book very early and you can easily be disappointed. Have a tres bon time Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don't forget http://www.britishskischool.com/morzine/ I worked there last season and ran lessons starting out of Les Gets, Morzine and Avoriaz.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Initial enquiries not great.

ESF will only take week bookings. Others booked out/not available.

Are there any others you know of or any independants?

Mike

ps Off to Tamworth Snow dome at weekend. Can't bloody wait to get my ski gear on!

pps I put my dates down wrong. Need lessons on 31/12 and 01/01 if possible. We arrive on a Sunday not Saturday (what a nugget)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You won't get group lessons that you can join for just a couple of days, so you're looking for private lessons. In addition to the recommendations for BASS and LGS you could also try The Snow Institute who I think will run lessons in Les Gets. As others have said, book asap.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Also, Alpine Learning Curves.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all your suggestions. Not looking good. Guess I will be 'wingin it' again. We are trying to book a private group for a couple of days but we should have looked earlier.

Keeping fingers crossed lat few enquiries get a positive reply.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Got one availability with ecoledeski360. Just one day but betters/choosers etc. are these guys ok?

I would like to publicly thank Sally at the snow institute. No lessons available but provided recommendations and contact info. First class customer service.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mike-H, can vouch for 360. We all started out with them and still have random lessons (as well as with LGS as others have mentioned).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mike-H, I would be quite happy with 360. Always small classes, but I expect you just your own group in any case. But also they always look as if they are having fun.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy